Waking the dog, catching walleye.

limeyangler

Hi all,

I was finding it difficult to post this, lots of thoughts about Kevin running through my mind, hits close to home even though I never met him. I'm terrible at articulating myself in writing but I started thinking about something my dad told me a few years back, he said "this is not a dress rehearsal", in other words get out there and do what makes you happy, this is it! I could have mown the lawn, cleaned the house,truck,garage etc...etc...but I figure I won't be on my death bed wishing I had done those things, so I indulged my passion and took the dog for a walk, caught some fish and made a video, guess what, the truck is still dirty and our new kitten puked in an already messy house....life goes on.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, grimsbylander said:

Another great video sir and your write up on the money. I found myself watching the dog and his reaction instead of the fish! lol

LOL...I just realized that Roloff now responds to the 'beep' of the goPro, he knows when it beeps that it is fish on and comes running...smart pup.

20 hours ago, Headhunter said:

That's livin Simon! Thanks for posting this, it sure helped to raise my spirits!

"Just gotta get it past the Pike"... made me LOL

HH

Thanks HH, without fail a pike tries to snatch a walleye at that spot, I have use of a cache boat there if I want, must get my act together and take advantage of that, would be an interesting day casting some big lures in there.

15 hours ago, Rattletrap2 said:

You Sir are living a charmed life up there! Enjoy!

I have my struggles, but it certainly helps to have struggles here than on the TTC....lol.

14 hours ago, misfish said:

Thanks Simon.  Rolof seems to be settling down. LOL

Yeah, he does not even go in after the beaver there, just barks from shore.

13 hours ago, spincast said:

awesome - put a smile on my face, thanks for sharing.  That drone gets some seriously nice shots.

your Dad's a smart guy

I used the drone yesterday to scope out a new logging road which I figured must go pretty close to a lake that has AMAZING walleye fishing but is really only accessible in the winter....looks promising.