Sea-doo Fish Pro

captpierre

Hmm, looks as if they are trying to cover a new market, but to me, its still too much PWC and not fishing based enough. Having the bench between my legs would drive me nuts when trying to stand. Would be better if the seat dropped down or folded out on both sides to crate a lat deck. (Don't flame me, I don't know whats under the seat...don't know if it is possible or not)

And what is their slogan; "Be first on the fishing spots while pissing everyone off on the way"??

Sea Do Fish POo ? 

Edited by Hack_Fisherman
  • Like 1

I have to admit, I was intrigued when I saw the press release for this last week. I've not driven this, or even seen one in the flesh, but I did try fishing from a couple of PWCs from different manufacturers a few years ago and none of them worked very well at all. The seat arrangement was awkward enough, but the biggest problems were engine noise spooking fish in shallow water, and the fact none of them were particularly maneuverable at low speeds. Given the cost, they simply couldn't hold a candle to a tinnie with a small engine and an electric.

Perhaps this Sea-Doo is different ... all the manufacturers have made major strides in the last couple of years. Just look at how far fishing kayaks have come. I'll save judgement until I have a chance to try it first-hand.

Sea-Doo Fish Pro.jpeg

cq5dam.web.1322.1322.jpeg

Edited by craigdritchie

Ok it's not for everyone but one man's gimmick is another man's prize. I'm sure there's people out there that love their PWC for recreation, like to wet a line a few times a year and have limited space and towing capacity so this is all they need. Not for everyone but it's for someone. If they lost the cooler thing and put a back-facing seat, then added a little bracket for a hand operated 12V troller, it would tick a lot of boxes for a young demographic who like to fish and then go rip around with his pals. I don't see a lot of 50+ years olds that fish 30+ times a year buying them, so I'm out. lol

I somehow do not think the target market are people who fish for bass or in many freshwater areas.

Custom fishing watercrafts like these are becoming quite popular in salt and brackish water. There are a few guys who fish from these types of rigs on BBC and the customization they have put into them is insane.

I personally do not think they will sell well here in Canada (maybe a few) but these should sel well in the US and around the globe. Just type in "fishing PWC" in google to see what I am talking about.

Edited by Lape0019

15 minutes ago, Fisherman said:

With out hard earned tax dollar because it's not a profitable or reliable company.  How far behind are they on aircraft an, subway and streetcar delivery?

Well I don’t think this one’s going to help their cause either.

If they want to get into Fishing craft, perhaps they should look at truly something useable. 

Walk around surfaces

The ability to run electric once on your spot. 

I see this as a feeble attempt at stimulating sales. But that’s my opinion people are welcome to like it of course

14 minutes ago, captpierre said:

Not same company. 

BRP makes them. They broke away from Bombardier. 

I'm almost sure if you got out a shovel with a 20 foot long handle and dug up info, you might be surprised. It wasn't that long ago when they were still together they had received well over a Billion in subsidies.  They claim that some has been repaid but they still get more so that's another white elephant.

5 hours ago, misfish said:

I'm surprised they haven't come out with a bass boat yet.

Although they do not physically own a bass boat brand, they are affiliated with multiple brands so they may view starting up a fiberglass plant as cost prohibitive. You can get one on the back of Ranger, Triton or Phoenix to name a few.

They did recently buy Alumicraft who has a mod v style aluminum bass boat though.

9 hours ago, Fisherman said:

I'm almost sure if you got out a shovel with a 20 foot long handle and dug up info, you might be surprised. It wasn't that long ago when they were still together they had received well over a Billion in subsidies.  They claim that some has been repaid but they still get more so that's another white elephant.

That doesn't change the fact that BRP is a separate company from the Bombardier that makes planes and transit vehicles.