REST IN PEACE KEVIN BFSC

misfish

RIP Kevin. Condolences to family and friends. 

Lori and i were searching for him the day he was found. Such a mix of emotions. Happy  he was found, and sad at the same time. 

He did have a go pro on his chest, but the one from his boat is missing. I have a feeling the missing camera is a part of the puzzle. Kevins B rolls were a large part of what made his videos so great, but some were risky to get. 

S. 

5 hours ago, woodenboater said:

I think many of us have boated without wearing our pfds and I've done that as well. wearing one needs to become a habit not unlike seatbelts.

I hope there's something that can be learned from this.

rip BFSC

I have realized I still have my inflatable on driving home from the Marina. I just don't get why some refuse to wear them. You have to think about those left behind. I still have friends that refuse to wear a seatbelt, even after being fined. I just hope Kevins family can get closure, it's very important to get all the answers we can after a tragedy like this. Is an autopsy automatic in a drowning? I think yes but not 100% positive.

I met Kevin once by chance standing in line at a Tim Hortons. He was looking at fish pics on his cell phone and I interrupted saying " nobody looks at fish pics without me knowing "

We instantly recognized each other and became "instagram " friends.

A great guy. My condolences to his friends and family.

The word friend is well used by many. Then there is the common names as, buddy,pal,dude,chum.

I have made, friends,pals,buddies,dude,s and chums, on these fishing boards. It was by pm, I first got to meet Kevin. Talking about fishing and what ever we fancy. With Kevin, it was his video films that intrigued me. I wanted to be a video posting guy too. We pm,ed back and forth, and what he was trying to tell me, sounded martian. After a couple of years, I made progress slowly. I do not make videos like him ( nor will I ever ), but he helped me to keep trying. Once I had the hang of what I thought was good, I just kept at what I knew. KISS LOL. He said to me one time, that is good. Good, ya ok. That works for me. Knowing that was a dude just saying it was good, but it,s crap from his standard of film making. I can except that. Im just a guy goofing around with video stuff that is new to me, and I knew he knew that, but was to much of a nice dude to say so.

We never really talked about hooking up to fish, as I knew he had his clan of boys he fished with. Micky,Anthony.. I met Mikey first through this board,then Anthony later. I knew Kevin hung with this crew at times,so I knew I would eventually hook up with him. It was a raining morning on the river and these guys coming walking up stream. First Mikey,then Anthony. Out of the high grass comes this guy with the cameras. This had to be him. I give a shout out. Kevin? Yup. Brian. WOW, It was so cool to meet the guy behind the camera. He was a hoot to talk to. Never ever serious. Fun fishing talk.

Since that day, we talked more and shared. The past couple of years, we seemed to have other buds, that knew each other. This is where the hooking up, became fun times. This was cool. One guy that we both respected was, Capt,Steve. Another guy that was a dude on the net,then a pal, and now another friend.

This past ice fishing season, both my friends, hooked up more and more, and we had some great times out there. Kevin was a cool dude,pal and a a guy I will call a FRIEND. The saddest part of this  is, what we worked on and created,on becoming good friends, and I am sure it could of been greater, sadly, our hook ups will not be in the future.

I know I am not the only one out there that feels a great lose. Kevin touched a lot of us with his smile and great nature. I know he has very close friends, much closer then I. Their lose is greater then mine. This is what he brought to me,and I am sure, those that knew him.  feel the same.

I will leave this thread saying,

Thank you Kevin.  RIP MY FRIEND

28516080_1323480497752333_7950142990056985456_o.thumb.jpg.538ea90b342a726189eae7727fa3fdcf.jpg

• Like 3

Well said Brian!  Gonna miss that guy, his videos, his very Kevin-ish sense of humor and the kid in a candy shop like excitement about talking and doing all things fishing.  Such a good guy he even called in sick to work one day so that he could come on an 800km round trip to pick up a new to me snowmobile when my arm was broken. 

RIP  Kevin

Edited by Captain Steve

Hey B

So very well said, and right on!

Kevin was a very special kinda guy, His smile and enthusiasm for fishing was contagious

He was an electronics guru ,so helpful to me, when I was looking for info on the HDS8 and the Marcum LX7, I told him I was not the sharpest tool in the shed when it came to computers and electronics.

Without hesitation,he took the time and sent me some very extensive very well explained emails in easy  to understand language.

Just an amazing young man

I sure hope Kevin (BFSC) and Mike (Tambo) are together catching monster Lakers, lots of Whitefish and walking some crystal clear rivers.

RIP Kevin

I pray that I may live to fish
Until my dying day.
And when it comes to my last cast,
I then most humbly pray:
When in the Lord's great landing net
And peacefully asleep
That in His mercy I be judged
Big enough to keep.

My most sincere condolences to Kevin's family and friends. I hope is final journey was peaceful.

On 9/13/2018 at 8:39 PM, misfish said:

The word friend is well used by many. Then there is the common names as, buddy,pal,dude,chum.

I have made, friends,pals,buddies,dude,s and chums, on these fishing boards. It was by pm, I first got to meet Kevin.  

I know I am not the only one out there that feels a great lose. Kevin touched a lot of us with his smile and great nature. I know he has very close friends, much closer then I. Their lose is greater then mine. This is what he brought to me,and I am sure, those that knew him.  feel the same.

I will leave this thread saying,

Thank you Kevin.  RIP MY FRIEND

Wow, Brian. That was straight from the heart. I feel sad when someone dies so young and full of life. I'm sure most of us do.But when a fiend does, it's another matter!

My condolences to those close to Kevin and who knew him well.

On 9/13/2018 at 8:39 PM, misfish said:

I do not make videos like him ( nor will I ever ), but he helped me to keep trying. Once I had the hang of what I thought was good, I just kept at what I knew. KISS LOL. He said to me one time, that is good. Good, ya ok. That works for me. Knowing that was a dude just saying it was good, but it,s crap from his standard of film making. I can except that. Im just a guy goofing around with video stuff that is new to me, and I knew he knew that, but was to much of a nice dude to say so.

Very nicely said Brian. The portion that I quoted above is not entirely true. I think you are being too hard on yourself! If some of Kevin's talent and wisdom was passed on to you, and it helped you to produce the videos that I have seen of yours, then his legacy lives on. I can only imagine the work that goes into editing these videos and I commend you on the great job you have done. Keep on making the videos of your adventures and a small piece of Kevin lives on.

• Like 2