REST IN PEACE KEVIN BFSC

misfish

Since I quit fishing a couple years back I seldom read any fishing reports here anymore and had no idea who Kevin was until I just saw the post grimsbyangler bumped up.

Really sad news, Kevin always seemed like a very nice guy and prayers for all involved.

Just heard OPP have found a body in lake Ontario west of Cobourg. Seems a long ways away from where he went missing, and there is also an elderly woman missing from cobourg, so theres still hope. At this point, even a recovery would be a blessing for his family. 

S. 

8 minutes ago, misfish said:

Thats 73 km. Dont know the currents out there,but thats a long ways away.

When I let the dogs out just before 6 this morning I could hear the waves pounding the south shore, offshore winds for the north shore all night I'm guessing.  

45 minutes ago, misfish said:

Afternoon Chris

There were 2 missing the pass week. A student and Kevin. Close to the same area. I have been refreshing all news reports all weekend. Thanks for the update.

As have I Brian, terribly sad.

I've just heard that it's not Kevin. Who knows?
But whether it's him or not I'm certain that any chance of finding him alive as long since past.  :(

11 minutes ago, Spiel said:

As have I Brian, terribly sad.

I've just heard that it's not Kevin. Who knows?
But whether it's him or not I'm certain that any chance of finding him alive as long since past.  :(

,The recovery of Kevin,s body, is what we all want now. :(

The two bodies recovered from Lake O yesterday (Saturday Sept 8th) were confirmed not to be Kevin. 

Please help the search efforts if you are able and spread the word to keep an eye out if you are in the area. 

2 hours ago, PUMP KNOWS said:

Kevin and I share many close friends and I lived through his videos in the last few years after moving away from Ontario. It is devastating to have lost such a passionate and well-liked angler in our community. 

Come home Kev, we are all waiting for you.  

• Like 2

Kevin is a close friend of mine, including a bunch of the members on this board. After hearing the news, my heart sank.

A bunch of us have been walking the shorelines, if you want to help please join the FB group mentioned above. The more people involved, the earlier we find him.

Come home Kevin.

If he had a PFD he'd probably be alive.   The water was 75 degrees with a SE wind that day (I was fishing out of PH), even if you can't swim you'd be able to float around for hours without having to worry about hypothermia at all.   

BTW, nice to see ya Mike :)  

Edited by BillM