Go North West Young Men - A week on Ogoki Lake

gordy28

I haven't posted much on this site for over a year - to be honest mainly because I have fished very little until our most recent trip

Our group decided to venture out of the Algoma region this time around and head further north to Nakina Ontario

We used Ogoki Lake Outfitters run by John and Gloria Ritch

http://www.ogokilakeoutfitters.com/

What a choice - we had by far our best trip ever for fishing and the lake and its surrounding beauty was just awesome

I did a much lengthier report here and for whatever reason I have not been able to copy and paste and keep the formatting or the pictures

https://www.canadafishingguide.net/forum-2/member-trip-reports-1/go-northwest-young-men-a-week-ogoki-lake/

For those who don't want to flip: We had some epic weather roll in, caught over 500 fish for the week and really had a great time

If you are ever looking I would definitely endorse both Ogoki Lake and Ogoki Lake Outfitters

A few pictures below

Cheers

Gordy

StThWKh.jpg

bN9ZcjY.jpg

Eeg3i7T.jpg

cTY2KcS.jpg

• Like 1

I hear ya Chris

Its a long wait but with kids all into sports and just busy summers its a combo of budget and time

Theres been talk of a smaller trip in the off years - maybe a 4 nighter to Lady Evelyn again or just renting a private cottage 

But yeah - I would love to do one every year even a few lol

Andrew

• 2 weeks later...

Great to enjoy with a morning coffee Andrew.  Surely gets me missing the days on the rivers and lakes north, walleye are always a fun social fish, especially in numbers like 100 or even just 99 a day. ;)  The right group of people though, and it's trips like this one that keep ya going back for more. 

39 minutes ago, Moosebunk said:

Great to enjoy with a morning coffee Andrew.  Surely gets me missing the days on the rivers and lakes north, walleye are always a fun social fish, especially in numbers like 100 or even just 99 a day. ;)  The right group of people though, and it's trips like this one that keep ya going back for more. 

Thanks Bunk - certainly your posts from Pym and Kesagami back in the day were a big inspiration to us when we first decided to do fly ins  - its funny I can still say to my brother "we need to find our grocery store" and he knows exactly what I mean.

Many of those who posted reports and still do (Yourself, Mike B/Solo Paddler, Chris Brock) have always been both entertaining but also totally education for us - keep it up!

20 hours ago, pics said:

Those are some good sized walleye.. I don't have the money for a fly in but I have some pretty good drive to lakes up that way.. Heading up in 10 days for some Grouse and fishing.. 

Thanks - we were definitely impressed with the average size of the fish North of Nakina vs what we had experienced around White RIver (although my PB walleye and our groups PB walleye came from a small lake with White River Air on our first fly in)

Cheers

Andrew