Waited out the passing storm

misfish

All this talk about the weather guys being right/wrong . They called for lightening and possible rain at 7 am. I had the toon rigged up at 5 am this morning. As I was doing this, I caught flashes of orange lights over the bay. I was egar to get at my launch area and see what was going on. Love a good light show.

And what a light show . Looked like canons going off. I had my go pro rolling, but the video was crap. No worries though. I got to see it and have it tucked away in my brain.  I was on shore watching this. No way was I going out there til it past. And pass it did. Sometimes mother nature can play tricks, and sometimes she can offer up beauty.

ypqsbFT.png?1

D9vHNmj.png?1

Even though I do not have a chip yet for the nav for my new to me HB 598, I was still able to mark my spots. I started this morning on my fav. Marked small stuff. Probably perch . 100 fow. Moved to the point drop. 105 fow. Marked 2 fish, but lazy ones. Moved out to 115 fow. Marked. So sat pat. Less bait fish in the area, so I thought this might be a good thing. Dropped the bait and rested it at 100. Fish came up quick to check it out. Reel and back down it went. I dropped back and out of no where, it comes in again and hits it dead stick. I was like holly molly. Landed and released quick. Mark 2 fish down there just after landing. Drop the bait. Hit the 90ft mark and they both come screaming up. On latches on. Another fight is on. This one took a bit to get up, but landed it. I am watching my finder the whole time I am unbuttoning this fish. The other is still down there. Release the fish and back down goes the bait. I couldn't believe the bait only got to 60 fow when this fish that was down there, came screaming. I stopped. Waited. Just as it was about 10ft away, I started reeling. It was like he was on red bull, as he was on me so quick, I didn't even need to set the hook. Grabbed the bait and dived right down. Screaming. Tried to get him to come up, but once again, I heaved a bit to hard and well, he gone. This is the 2nd big fish that has unbutton on me this year. I love these fish. :worthy:

DpNgYB7.png?1

lohfDwY.png?1

6UQzTLs.png?1

JaYV4re.png?1

So back to the weather guys. They were right in one way. Lightening. But their time slot was off. I was on the water at 6:30. Clear sky's except some cloud cover. Bay went flat. They called for 5-7 mph west winds with gusts of 8.  Not getting cocky, as I know Simcoe can turn quick.  Thought Shane would like this. :lol:

52 minutes ago, spincast said:

couple of fatties there - nice:thumbsup_anim:

Thank you Sir

20 minutes ago, grimsbylander said:

You sir, are a poop stirrer. :D

Nice fish btw, you've got them dialed in!! :clapping:

EWWWW POOP.

Dialed in, well, I will not say that,. Every time I switch up, I get window shoppers. Go back to ole faithful, they seem to think it,s dinner time.  Cant explain it really. Just seems to work best. I will say though,the stealth moving of a toon does help.  Sneaking up on fish ,100 feet down, is not easy. It takes perscion and accuracy.  :lol:

Edited by misfish

11 minutes ago, BillM said:

Hows the new to you graph working Brian?

Loving it Bill. Just trying to figure out why I can not zoom on reg graph. I can get zoom on a split screen, but lose my aperture. When I get the nav chip,I,ll be happy. Still using land marks and marking my spots. LOL

Here's a Hamilton Harbour shot I took at sunrise yesterday.  Talk about red sky in morning.

Sunrise.thumb.jpg.8c2dd878876c36a8adcea23cda3af790.jpg

Well, I hope sailors took warning because the sky opened up around 2 in the afternoon with wind and rain that made it look like the world was ending!!

PS...Gorgeous Simcoe Lakers there Brian!

Edited by Mike Pike