Father and son trash fishing

kickingfrog

Awesome story about a sad situation....I can't believe some of the trash I find fishing the Detroit River area.....I am constantly netting plastic bags, worm containers, etc.  Thanks Tom and Mark for being great leaders on the river!!

Chrispy!

14 minutes ago, jimmer said:

We need more people like that. It's too bad the culprits don't get caught or see this and feel a little guilt.

Unfortunately I don't think the people dumping really feel much in the way of guilt. 

I fish a local pond, bit of a local water hole type place where high-schoolers go in the evening to get away from parents. It's depressing what people will leave behind when they know they won't be caught or prosecuted - bottle/cans, wrappers, furniture, canoes & boats, towels & clothing, diapers, etc. I almost feel like its a self-perpetuating problem though, as cleaning it up just teaches the scum that someone else will take care of it for them. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tom S said:

Unfortunately I don't think the people dumping really feel much in the way of guilt. 

I fish a local pond, bit of a local water hole type place where high-schoolers go in the evening to get away from parents. It's depressing what people will leave behind when they know they won't be caught or prosecuted - bottle/cans, wrappers, furniture, canoes & boats, towels & clothing, diapers, etc. I almost feel like its a self-perpetuating problem though, as cleaning it up just teaches the scum that someone else will take care of it for them. 

Should take the offenders and make them live in the stinking trash heaps of India for a week and see what they think of that

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tom S said:

Over the years the state here made a lot of ponds to get dirt to build highway overpasses, most range in size from 2 - 10 acres and were built of private land near the intended overpass site. It used to be pretty easy to get permission to fish them, but people ruined that for the reasons you mentioned and lawsuits over drowning deaths.

Too many people sneaking in late at night for a beer party - skinny dipping  fest.