FM17 Walleye Regs

Reef Runner

Hello all:

Quick question on Balsam walleyes:

FM17 regs  S:4, must be between 35-50cm, Balsam exception S:3, cannot be between 37-55cm.

Therefore, if I'm reading these right, I can keep 3 cigars between 35-36cm?

That's a tiny window. Sporting license of course. Let's not turn this into a guys keep 'em anyway and locals do this and that.  Just lookin' to stay legal on the long weekend.

Thanks a bunch.

Reef.

Edited by Reef Runner

Not a balsam angler but the way I read what you posted is that you cannot keep anything 37-55 cm, above or below is ok.  Balsam would be an exception to the 35-50, replaced by the nothing between the 37-55.   Haven't read that section to confirm.  Anyone else got input on this?

Michael

Thanks for the guidance fellas. I was reading the regs and exception in congruity...aka thinking I could only keep three between 35-36cm lol better make sure that tape measure is accurate.

Over/under Balsam slot, from what I'm understanding, good to go. Thanks for clearing it up.

4 hours ago, Reef Runner said:

Thanks for the guidance fellas. I was reading the regs and exception in congruity...aka thinking I could only keep three between 35-36cm lol better make sure that tape measure is accurate.

Over/under Balsam slot, from what I'm understanding, good to go. Thanks for clearing it up

Yes, Over and Under for Balsam