Asking hunters about deer and colours (nf)

Acountdeleted

Hi Everyone, 

We are doing some plantings this fall and are trying to keep the deer out as much as possible. We are erecting a 6 foot fence and are trying to make it as visual as we can. I have heard an old wives tale that deer can see blue very well but can't see orange. Hence why hunters wear orange but apparently blue jeans are the equivalent to bribing a banana out fishing. 

Can any of our local hunters weigh in on this? 

Thanks

I am not a hunter but live in a rural area, before they built homes across the road it was common to see 20 - 30 of them grazing in the field across the road, a local farmer planted it yearly so that did attract them, with the homes there now we don't see them  in herds anymore.

Having the homes there doesn't mean the are gone, after a rain when the ground was damp I could find deer tracks in my own yard so I think they are just wandering more at night now when people and pets are indoors. If they are wandering at night color might be a moot point?

I have a dog, as do most of my neighbors, and the dog scent certainly doesn't seem to keep them away, I had one damage a young maple tree 50 feet from the house rubbing it's antlers and have seen tracks even closer to the house.

My next door neighbor on one side has horses, and an electric fence around their back field to pen them in. The horses learn to stay away from it, wandering deer though still break it running thru the back fields.

I planted trees every year while I was able to, my son does now, they will top them, especially in the winter when the food supply diminishes.

Here are some tips? http://www.havahart.com/articles/keep-deer-off-your-property

but a scarecrow that moves with a breeze might scare them off? A plastic human shape?