Another heads up, TORNADO WARNING

misfish

33 minutes ago, Sinker said:

Yeah, that helps a lot when your trying to plan your day/week/month. You realize they get paid for that too, right? 

So far your concern with warnings is 1) it interrupts your tv viewing and 2) you can't plan your week or month ahead? :rofl2: :rofl2:

I'm out...can't argue with that solid logic!!! :clapping:

You missed the part about them being totally wrong 90% of the time?? That's my argument. You forgot my daily planning in there. If your going to quote me, get it straight.  How much of the forecast rain did you get the last 2 days?? Yeah, that's what I thought. 

S. 

Yup, i am sick of all weather reports and warnings being wrong 90% of the time ,at this point we get up in the morning and use accu-window

to decide if weather will affect my fishing  rather then depending on weather reports

19 hours ago, Terry said:

Yup, i am sick of all weather reports and warnings being wrong 90% of the time ,at this point we get up in the morning and use accu-window

to decide if weather will affect my fishing  rather then depending on weather reports

Finally, someone who gets it. Maybe grimbsbylander doesn't do anything outside so the weather doesn't matter? 

I just go, regardless of the weather forcast. 

S. 

8 hours ago, Sinker said:

Finally, someone who gets it. Maybe grimbsbylander doesn't do anything outside so the weather doesn't matter? 

I just go, regardless of the weather forcast. 

S. 

Or maybe I'm not a self centred asshat that's more concerned with my little world than common sense and decency? This isn't about a rain forecast, the thread is about TORNADOS. 

Weather network got it wrong here again. Thunderstorms predicted at 9am…. Started at 8:52. Like come on. Of course I'm about 7-8 minutes from Tillsonburg where the network was giving me the forecast for. 

Not understanding forecasts or how weather predictions work is ok. Ranting that they are wrong more than they are right (let alone 90%) is complete clownery. 

• Thanks 1

I think what it all boils down to is the other night we received a warning that tornadoes were POSSIBLE in certain areas and it turns out the forecasters were 100% correct, they hit in roughly a spot we were warned about. 

I'd guess most of us realize that forecasting EXACTLY when and where a tornado will hit is still somewhere in the future but as I said earlier I'd rather be given a heads up that there was a possibility of one hitting my house rather than knowing nothing about it till it was too late and my family was killed.

It's kinda like some people complain about potholes in the road, then they complain when they get held up because crews block the road to fix the potholes.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, grimsbylander said:

Or maybe I'm not a self centred asshat that's more concerned with my little world than common sense and decency? This isn't about a rain forecast, the thread is about TORNADOS. 

Wow, it takes a big man to call others names on the internet. Get over yourself dude. Don't trip over your head. 

S. 

Just now, grimsbylander said:

Doesnt need to be that way. :good: 

So why do it then?  I can't find where anyone else called names in this entire thread, except you. 

Its pretty clear you don't agree with my thoughts on weather forecasts, so why not just move along like a big boy?  

18 hours ago, misfish said:

S.

You have me in, WTFM

Hope when the time comes, you get the warning and take it to heart.

I read all your reports, and I recall you saying many times the weather was wrong again.......that's all I'm saying. Its always slanted towards the worst. Why dont the weather guys say its going to be a beautiful day with a slight chance of rain, instead of saying its going to be a rainy day today? I'm fairly certain I'm not the only one who plans my activities around the weather......I'd be willing to bet that everyone on this board plans their trips in regards to the weather forecast, and A LOT of the time they are way off. 

S. 

8 minutes ago, Sinker said:

So why do it then?  I can't find where anyone else called names in this entire thread, except you. 

Its pretty clear you don't agree with my thoughts on weather forecasts, so why not just move along like a big boy?  

You missed the point again in this thread. I was referring to your comment about the internet.

If I don't agree with you, and it appears I'm not the only one, I don't have to move along. Why don't you act like a man, read all the posts, and recognize your comments about tornadoes warnings interrupting your tv viewing was asinine?

18 minutes ago, Sinker said:

I read all your reports, and I recall you saying many times the weather was wrong again.......that's all I'm saying. Its always slanted towards the worst. Why dont the weather guys say its going to be a beautiful day with a slight chance of rain, instead of saying its going to be a rainy day today? I'm fairly certain I'm not the only one who plans my activities around the weather......I'd be willing to bet that everyone on this board plans their trips in regards to the weather forecast, and A LOT of the time they are way off. 

S. 

Yup your are right, but when they call for tornado's, I take heed. This morning was one of those piss me off wrong call. Rain not called ti noon. Woke up to rain. Headed to the river instead of my go to plan. YES, I was PISSED. LOL

Alls good here. SMOKER, is smoking away with a nice trout from yesterday.

Just now, grimsbylander said:

You missed the point again in this thread. I was referring to your comment about the internet.

If I don't agree with you, and it appears I'm not the only one, I don't have to move along. Why don't you act like a man, read all the posts, and recognize your comments about tornadoes warnings interrupting your tv viewing was asinine?

You don't have to call names either.....or do you? Maybe you do? Does it make you feel better? Maybe it does? I dunno.....people are different everywhere you go, but I'm not going to call you names about it ....sheesh. 

The comment about interrupting my TV show was in sarcasm. If you didn't catch that, you might want to lighten up a bit. Life is short. Enjoy it while you can. Start with smiling and work up from there. It feels good. 

MY POINT was the forecast is generally slanted in a negative way, and most of the time, not very accurate. You seemed to have missed that part, so I will once again mention it for you.  I had television and cell phone warnings for my area, and it didn't even rain that night, nor did we get a breath of wind. 

I think its you that needs to man up, Mr. Name Caller.....or just move along and get over yourself. 

Just now, misfish said:

Yup your are right, but when they call for tornado's, I take heed. This morning was one of those piss me off wrong call. Rain not called ti noon. Woke up to rain. Headed to the river instead of my go to plan. YES, I was PISSED. LOL

Alls good here. SMOKER, is smoking away with a nice trout from yesterday.

See.....exactly my point.  They are wrong more often than not, so when they forecast a tornado, I take it with a grain of salt, and keep my eyes on the radar. 

S. 

Edited by Sinker

48 minutes ago, Sinker said:

I had television and cell phone warnings for my area, and it didn't even rain that night, nor did we get a breath of wind. 

I'm not too far away from you Shane and the night of the warnings it absolutely pounded down rain here along with strong winds.

This morning we had heavy rain, lightning & thunder between 6-6:30, infact enough that it shut down my satellite dish for awhile, yet friends of ours just down in Peterboro never got a drop.

Pretty hard for the forecasters to pinpoint anything exactly.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Sinker said:

You don't have to call names either.....or do you? Maybe you do? Does it make you feel better? Maybe it does? I dunno.....people are different everywhere you go, but I'm not going to call you names about it ....sheesh. 

The comment about interrupting my TV show was in sarcasm. If you didn't catch that, you might want to lighten up a bit. Life is short. Enjoy it while you can. Start with smiling and work up from there. It feels good. 

MY POINT was the forecast is generally slanted in a negative way, and most of the time, not very accurate. You seemed to have missed that part, so I will once again mention it for you.  I had television and cell phone warnings for my area, and it didn't even rain that night, nor did we get a breath of wind. 

I think its you that needs to man up, Mr. Name Caller.....or just move along and get over yourself. 

:rofl2: Sarcasm!!!??? Lol nice attempt at masking dumb comments. Read the threads...I'm not the only person who thought it was a stupid comment. But let's switch away from tornado warnings to weather forecasts in general. That way you can try to justify a ridiculous comment. 

I don't care if the TORNADO warnings are inaccurate on the side of over cautiousness.( not rain, fog, wind, got it?) Because...they only have to screw up the other way ONCE and innocent people COULD get hurt. One decision to not issue a warning could result in far more serious implications than the inconveniences of tv interruptions or text messages. YOU have the choice to ignore whatever you want, but people that didn't get a warning have no choices. Are you following along or is your mind wandering back to should I pack rain gear? Tornadoes...warnings....not rain. 

This isn't about me getting over myself...I'm the one taking the stand for common sense and what's better for everyone's safety. YOU on the other hand are worried about having to delete a text message you didn't deem necessary. That's the epitome of someone that needs to get over himself. If it didn't happen to you, at your house, it's all Bull right??? That's a joke and an incredibly narrow minded view. Tornadoes take out entire houses and don't pull the petals off flowers across the street.

22 minutes ago, lew said:

I'm not too far away from you Shane and the night of the warnings it absolutely pounded down rain here along with strong winds.

This morning we had heavy rain, lightning & thunder between 6-6:30, infact enough that it shut down my satellite dish for awhile, yet friends of ours just down in Peterboro never got a drop.

Pretty hard for the forecasters to pinpoint anything exactly.

Exactly!! 

1 hour ago, misfish said:

I really need to stop posting NF stuff here. This one pissed guys off, and my $9 a LT can mixed fuel seemed to be not to manys thing. LOL

Another 2 hours and it will be done

:P

KgxPlKW.jpg

Looks fantastic Brian. And by coincidence, I could be there in EXACTLY 2 hours! :whistling:

4 minutes ago, grimsbylander said:

:rofl2: Sarcasm!!!??? Lol nice attempt at masking dumb comments. Read the threads...I'm not the only person who thought it was a stupid comment. But let's switch away from tornado warnings to weather forecasts in general. That way you can try to justify a ridiculous comment. 

I don't care if the TORNADO warnings are inaccurate on the side of over cautiousness.( not rain, fog, wind, got it?) Because...they only have to screw up the other way ONCE and innocent people COULD get hurt. One decision to not issue a warning could result in far more serious implications than the inconveniences of tv interruptions or text messages. YOU have the choice to ignore whatever you want, but people that didn't get a warning have no choices. Are you following along or is your mind wandering back to should I pack rain gear? Tornadoes...warnings....not rain. 

This isn't about me getting over myself...I'm the one taking the stand for common sense and what's better for everyone's safety. YOU on the other hand are worried about having to delete a text message you didn't deem necessary. That's the epitome of someone that needs to get over himself. If it didn't happen to you, at your house, it's all Bull right??? That's a joke and an incredibly narrow minded view. Tornadoes take out entire houses and don't pull the petals off flowers across the street.

I'm sorry you think that way. Must really suck to be you. If you let something like an internet comment get you this riled up, I can only imagine what happens when something really bad happens. Take a moment, take a deep breath, and get over it man! 

S.