misfish

Another heads up, TORNADO WARNING

HOLY CRAP, not to minimize, but take another look at that radar and look at what’s coming in from Wisconsin!!

heading for northern Ontario - calling for night tornadoes. Scariest stuff ever, 

be safe people

The weather companies do nothing but cry wolf. Like seriously, was there a need to interrupt my TV show and text my cell phone about a bit of rain? Every little bit of rain we get is forecast to be the end all storm these days. I'm sick of the false warnings. 

S. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Sinker said:

The weather companies do nothing but cry wolf. Like seriously, was there a need to interrupt my TV show and text my cell phone about a bit of rain? Every little bit of rain we get is forecast to be the end all storm these days. I'm sick of the false warnings. 

S. 

Yeah really!! If they're not 100% positive there'll be death and destruction, don't have the audacity to interrupt Family Feud!! :wacko:

I can see both sides of this; cry wolf (and get TV ratings which is a lot of this) and then nothing happens. Don't warn people and the crap hits the fan; we'll ask why we weren't warned? So yes make us aware but don't make it sound like the end of the world.

Dan 

I have no issues with warnings being broadcast and as Dan suggested I'd rather be given a heads-up that tornadoes are possible than be told nothing and get wholloped without knowing what hit me.

The warning the other night said they were possible in certain areas and a couple of those spots did get hit.

Imagine how many people around North America could be alive today if they'd been given 10 minutes heads-up that tornadoes were possible.

And it's not like we get these warning very often either.

• Like 1

Yup. One way involves lawsuits, and possible injuries,. the other a minor inconvenience. I've never rushed out and bought a skid of 3/4 plywood because the weatherman said beware of tornadoes, but I sure didn't hook up the boat and go fishing either. Just need to apply common sense.

On 8/27/2018 at 8:49 PM, DRIFTER_016 said:

Oro Line 4 North of Hwy 11 posted 1/2 hour ago.

40320854_1866075910150231_54471658974813

Talked to my uncle yesterday, said this bad boy tore up his neighbours who live down the road. He's on line 7. 

Edited by Musky Plug

21 hours ago, grimsbylander said:

Yeah really!! If they're not 100% positive there'll be death and destruction, don't have the audacity to interrupt Family Feud!! :wacko:

Its more about ratings than what the weather ACTUALLY is. Can we agree they are wrong more than they are right?  Its more hype than anything these days.  TWN is the worste for it. 

S. 

12 minutes ago, Sinker said:

Its more about ratings than what the weather ACTUALLY is. Can we agree they are wrong more than they are right?  Its more hype than anything these days.  TWN is the worste for it. 

S. 

I'm glad they're wrong more than they're right. 

The conditions were consistent with severe weather and the possibility of tornados. There were tornadoes. 

Weather predictions are more accurate now then ever before and will continue to get better. The information is solid, the understanding is often the failure. 

7 hours ago, Sinker said:

S. 

Problem is that the more severe weather patterns get, the less accurate their modelling software is. The software is designed on historic patterns AFAIK

Better to error on  the side of caution? We get the weather warnings on the news, my small township and most in the area have tornado sirens, some of those storms miss us and cause havoc 5-10 miles away.

Looked like a nuclear explosion from Wasaga Beach area. (Note: that's not the sun, it's exactly opposite from the setting sun).

Never seen anything like it.

received_1939615672792756.jpeg

• Like 2

5 hours ago, iFish4real said:

Looked like a nuclear explosion from Wasaga Beach area. (Note: that's not the sun, it's exactly opposite from the setting sun).

Never seen anything like it.

received_1939615672792756.jpeg

Cool photo!

23 hours ago, grimsbylander said:

I'm glad they're wrong more than they're right. 

Yeah, that helps a lot when your trying to plan your day/week/month. You realize they get paid for that too, right? 

16 hours ago, kickingfrog said:

The conditions were consistent with severe weather and the possibility of tornados. There were tornadoes. 

Weather predictions are more accurate now then ever before and will continue to get better. The information is solid, the understanding is often the failure. 

Well, if you want to call them accurate, you go right ahead, but I don't  think so at all. Most times not even close. 

S.