Huntsville Help!

DJGeneral

Hey guys i did as much research as i can about the area but i couldn't find any solid information

I'm heading up to Huntsville this weekend with my girlfriend for the last weekend of the summer

we'll be staying on the big east river about 5 minutes away from arrowhead provincial park

i was wondering if anyone can help us out on finding some shore fishing locations

Any help is appreciated thanks in advance

I love that area and following this thread with interest. I wish I could help but everything in Muskoka seems to be private property. 

The little I do know; Big East was very high last week with huge rainfalls. If settled down, see if you can get a local outfitter if any to hook you up with a canoe and drop you at next bridge up from arrowhead park entrance. I’ve “heard” it’s an easy paddle down. Not sure if the fishing is any good however, but I’ve always wanted to try it.

arrowhead PP has 2 lakes and canoe rentals. Some potential shore fishing at the first lake near the gatehouse. Maybe try above and below Stubbs falls in the park. 

Maybe some people can comment on whether there’s any decent access along the rail sidings, behind Canadian tire or at the main bridge crossings in town. I never see anyone fishing down at the downtown docks. 

Thanks a lot i really had given up on this post thinking i wasn't going to get any responses

ill be sure to try your suggestions ill be staying right on the river as it runs through the back of the owners property and Im just on the other side of hwy 11 directly across from arrowhead so im definitely going to give that a try as well thanks again!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, DJGeneral said:

Thanks buick14 I guess I'll just have to make the best of it

I think most of the  lakes up there should hold bass.  Probably best time to catch them from shore is an hour before sunset or early mornings when they are within casting distance.  red and black Senkos work really good texas rigged. You can also try the lakes in Algonquin.

Edited by huzzsaba

13 hours ago, huzzsaba said:

I think most of the  lakes up there should hold bass.  Probably best time to catch them from shore is an hour before sunset or early mornings when they are within casting distance.  red and black Senkos work really good texas rigged. You can also try the lakes in Algonquin.

Thanks for the advice dude! never used senkos before so i guess it would be good time to practice I'd love to go to Algonquin but I'm limited to kilometers with the rental :(

13 minutes ago, DJGeneral said:

Thanks for the advice dude! never used senkos before so i guess it would be good time to practice I'd love to go to Algonquin but I'm limited to kilometers with the rental :(

id be searching for somewhere with some lillypads and throwing a wacky rig into them...see what happens at least you know they will be close to shore!

I fished one of the lakes in Arrowhead and it had very good smallmouth fishing. The fish weren't huge but we caught tons in the 1-2lb range. It was a blast.  We caught all of them on senkos. There is a canoe rental right at the lake we fished where can grab one for a few hours. 

I have also fished the big east and caught plenty of smallmouth and there are some brook trout spots. Definately worth fishing if you can locate access. 

• Like 1

Thanks to everyone for all the help i had a blast fishing Muskoka from finding new places to meeting new people

i managed to catch a few small mouth and a nice pike from the Big East river that was flowing thru my airbnb

thanks again to all the people that gave me advice!

Panther Martins worked really well for me this weekend

IMG_0158.JPG

VMOW5274.JPG

• Like 1