Nip/Upper French Report

Marty

I'm a little late in posting the report but the fishing was on fire a few weeks ago on Nip and the Upper French during our annual trip to Sandy Haven Camp.   Can't count the number of walleyes.  We had multiple 60+ days.   The bass fishing was fantastic and even though we didn't target muskies much, we had two follows and caught a number of decent pike.   Can't wait till next year!IMG_0890.JPGIMG_0897.JPGIMG_0905.JPGIMG_0921.JPGIMG_0927.JPGIMG_0936.JPGIMG_0958.JPGIMG_0943.JPGIMG_0986.JPGIMG_E0977.JPGIMG_0988.JPGIMG_1040.JPGIMG_1012.JPGIMG_1002.JPGIMG_E1036.JPGIMG_1049.JPG

IMG_1064.JPG

2 hours ago, grimsbylander said:

I love fish pics, but this has to be my favorite picture of the lot. :D 

Congrats on a great vacation.

Thanks for that comment.  It has even more meaning when you know that my mother (the wife of the guy on the left and the grandmother of the kid on the right) unexpectedly passed away two weeks before that photo was taken.  My dad wasn't going to go on this trip because he didn't want my mother to be alone that week but after she passed, he agreed that she would want him to go.  That trip was about much more than the fish caught.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Marty said:

Thanks for that comment.  It has even more meaning when you know that my mother (the wife of the guy on the left and the grandmother of the kid on the right) unexpectedly passed away two weeks before that photo was taken.  My dad wasn't going to go on this trip because he didn't want my mother to be alone that week but after she passed, he agreed that she would want him to go.  That trip was about much more than the fish caught.

I'm very sorry to hear about your loss. Yes, there was just something about that picture that made me think that years from now when the fish are long forgotten, that picture will still make you smile. Frame it...it's a keeper. 

Very sorry about the sudden loss of your Mom, Marty;   it must have been very tough on your Dad to make the trip,  but out on the water,  with you and your son, catching all those awesome Walleye and Bass,  must certainly have been therapeutic for him and all of you,  in some way. 

Thanks for sharing your experience here ... and the pics were Great !