Interesting product TRUFUEL. NF

misfish

I have a question that's kind of related...maybe. As an alternative to the whole storing gas debate, has anyone had first hand experience with the cordless lithium powered string trimmers? My neighbour has had one for about a year and loves it. Just not sure what to buy and what will handle a 90'x130' lot. Sorry if I'm highjacking your thread Brian, I just thought it may be a good alternative for condo's etc.?

Trufuel at $9.00 a liter - holy mackeral - I can buy ethanol free 95 octane gas at $3.45 a gallon - add a half ounce of stabilizer and some 50 to 1 oil and I have the same thing at approx. $ 1.00 a liter - sounds like a ripe off - I cut about 5 cords of wood each year at that rate I'd go broke - if you use a lot of gas in you chainsaw you would be better to find some ethanol free  gas and mix it with a stabilizer and oil yourself - just saying

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, JoePa said:

Trufuel at $9.00 a liter - holy mackeral - I can buy ethanol free 95 octane gas at $3.45 a gallon - add a half ounce of stabilizer and some 50 to 1 oil and I have the same thing at approx. $ 1.00 a liter - sounds like a ripe off - I cut about 5 cords of wood each year at that rate I'd go broke - if you use a lot of gas in you chainsaw you would be better to find some ethanol free  gas and mix it with a stabilizer and oil yourself - just saying

Yup got that.  I dont need fuel and oils and stabilizer lying around.

Get my friendly deed done with a can or two and I have nothing left behind.

18 bucks aint going to break me once a year..

CONVENIENCE.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, grimsbylander said:

I have a question that's kind of related...maybe. As an alternative to the whole storing gas debate, has anyone had first hand experience with the cordless lithium powered string trimmers? My neighbour has had one for about a year and loves it. Just not sure what to buy and what will handle a 90'x130' lot. Sorry if I'm highjacking your thread Brian, I just thought it may be a good alternative for condo's etc.?

Mine works fine for me.  My actual lot is only about 47' x 110'.  But I also maintain two boulevards and a greenway.

On 8/26/2018 at 6:22 PM, Terry said:

Dang, for 10 bucks a liter  i think i will mix my own  i think my auger burnt 3 liters on a 10 day trip

Check out electric augers, they're awesome. Though if you can't charge the batteries you're SOL, unless you buy spares.

43 minutes ago, Terry said:

I have a had time spending 7 or 800 bucks for a battery auger and 200plus for a second battery   just too cheap, i do have a dewalt/clam drill auger but on 2 or 3 ft of ice i like gas

I'm not sure when the price went bananas on the ion series. But I paid $400 at Crappy tire a couple years ago. Agreed that $800 is excessive, hope that's just temporary.

There are some hidden benefits of battery augers; no fuel, oil, stuff on your hands, carb kits, etc.

• Like 1

On 9/4/2018 at 5:10 PM, misfish said:

Yup got that.  I dont need fuel and oils and stabilizer lying around.

Get my friendly deed done with a can or two and I have nothing left behind.

18 bucks aint going to break me once a year..

CONVENIENCE.

I don't really understand why everyone is struggling to understand this point.

So you're cheap and want to spend less? Great, have at 'er.

Why care that we find a few extra dollars for convenience works for us????

• Thanks 1