Interesting product TRUFUEL. NF

misfish

Thought I would share this.

I was talking to a fellow worker yesterday about gas stations having a premix pump for boats and what not. I thought this would a great addition to a station. Would save having to have gas cans and oils lying around the garage.. Messy stuff. Then he tells me about this product that is premixed in a can , Trufuel. I was like :w00t:. He,s been using it for awhile now for when he just need enough for his chain saw. I was thinking this is pretty cool. So today I bought a can to use in my chain saw. I only have a 16" Stihl and it sips, also, living in a condo, I do not need a gerry can sitting around stinking up the joint. So I filled up the saw and man, this stuff fired it right up. For my needs once or twice a year, and for $9 for a liter can, it,s worth it to me. They have 50-1 and 40-1 and 4 stroke.

https://trufuel50.com/product-info/

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jerpears1 said:

It’s super great. We use that as well as the STHIL pre-mix. If you use it the warentee is still valid. Only thing is it’s expensive. $10 a litre. I think i’d Rather do my own mixing. 

I doubt my auger even uses a whole can per season so $10 a liter is not really an issue for me.

This is the chemicals from the MSDS on the tru-fuel product

Petroleum Distillates - 98 - 99

Octane 111-65-9 >1

Pentane 109-66-0 >1

p-Xylene 106-42-3 >1

Toluene 108-88-3 >1

Heptane 142-82-5 >1

Butane 106-97-8 >1

Isopentane 78-78-4 >1

Distillates (petroleum), solvent-refined heavy paraffinic 64741-88-4 0 - 3 Additives - <0.005 3

Art

25 minutes ago, aplumma said:

Octane 111-65-9 >1

Pentane 109-66-0 >1

p-Xylene 106-42-3 >1

Toluene 108-88-3 >1

Heptane 142-82-5 >1

Butane 106-97-8 >1

Isopentane 78-78-4 >1

Distillates (petroleum), solvent-refined heavy paraffinic 64741-88-4 0 - 3 Additives - <0.005 3

Art

Interested whats in our car/truck fuel ?????????????

yup. my chainsaw has been drinking this stuff for years but I still carry reg mixed and bar oil in those combo cans if I'm in the bush for a long day. sometimes you can catch a sale at TSC for cheap. but also saw Home depot now carries it in 4 litre cans ! this is for the 1:50 mix tho

1 hour ago, aplumma said:

Octane 111-65-9 >1

Pentane 109-66-0 >1

p-Xylene 106-42-3 >1

Toluene 108-88-3 >1

Heptane 142-82-5 >1

Butane 106-97-8 >1

Isopentane 78-78-4 >1

Art

100% ETHANOL FREE!!

• Like 1

23 hours ago, misfish said:

Interested whats in our car/truck fuel ?????????????

This is for Hess Gasoline 

gasoline (86290-81-5) 100

Benzene (71-43-2) 0.1 - 4.9 (0.1 - 1.3 reformulated gasoline)

n-Butane (106-97-8) < 10

Ethyl Alcohol (Ethanol) (64-17-5) 0 - 10

Ethyl benzene (100-41-4) < 3

n-Hexane (110-54-3) 0.5 to 4

Methyl-tertiary butyl ether (MTBE) (1634-04-4) 0 to 15.0

Tertiary-amyl methyl ether (TAME) (994-05-8) 0 to 17.2

Toluene (108-88-3) 1 - 25

1,2,4- Trimethylbenzene (95-63-6) < 6

Xylene, mixed isomers (1330-20-7) 1 - 15 A-6) < 6

Xylene, mixed isomers (1330-20-7) 1 - 15 A

Art

2 hours ago, misfish said:

YA YA YA.

You missed the point of CONDO living.

I'm with you. I live in an apartment. A can lasts me all season and this stuff never goes bad. Its also not just premixed gas. It's better and cleaner. It won't gum up carbs. I can understand not wanting the cost if you're using liters per trip but it's perfect for me.

1 hour ago, Terry said:

A quarter liter of mixed isn’t going to do anything to 80 liters in your truck but give it to a homeless person on the street if it scares you. 

Who's scared? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

I'm talking about the convenience factor....

The safe to store in a condo makes me wonder. The product is 99% gasoline with the additives used in Sta-bil Marine 360 makes it good for 2 years of storage. The only difference on the product is it is in a metal can that is resealable which will keep it from releasing vapors into a living space. It is just as flammable as gas that comes from the gas station. The metal gas cans that are rated for gasoline will provide the same ease of storage as the metal tru fuel can does. So the next time you empty the tru fuel bottle use sta bil,quality 2 stroke oil and your favorite non ethanol or ethanol fuel with the sta bil product and you will have the same product much cheaper. 

Art

• Like 2

I have way too many 2 strokes that run 50:1 to pay $10/litre. I keep a 20l jerry can mixed all the time.  Boat has its own tank that's also 50:1. 

And what is with this site lately! Frig.....every time I try to reply I get 5  words typed and get booted off. Its frustrating and has been happening for a long time.  Does anyone else get that?? Geeeeze....

S. 

22 hours ago, Sinker said:

I have way too many 2 strokes that run 50:1 to pay $10/litre. I keep a 20l jerry can mixed all the time.  Boat has its own tank that's also 50:1. 

And what is with this site lately! Frig.....every time I try to reply I get 5  words typed and get booted off. Its frustrating and has been happening for a long time.  Does anyone else get that?? Geeeeze....

S. 

No issues here we have a wack load of security and other resources on the site so it is pretty resource intensive. We are tuned for Chrome and have known unavoidable conflicts with Firefox and IE. I would advise you to clear your cashes, erase old cookies, turn off ad blockers and restart your computer this will eliminate some of the issues people have complained about. We have a monitoring program that runs reports and sends them to our IT Chad to try to keep issues to the minimum. If you still are having an issue please feel free to P.M. blueye who is Chad and see if he can help you figure out what is going on. 

Thanks

Art