Turkey Point

blackfield

Hi Guys,

I am new to the forum (not to fishing ? ) and wonder if there are any recommendations on fishing around Turkey Point Provincial Park. We are staying at the park next weekend and I am bringing my boat.

Fishing on Erie has always been fun but that's the area I've never been to, and wonder if some advice on where to moor the boat and where to go for bass/walleye can be given.

Thanks in advance,

Black

Bluff bar is almost 10 miles from turkey point and you can fish for pike and smallies around there smallies might be harder to come by at this time of year.  If you have leadcore and downriggers you should do pretty well fishing the lighthouse area of long point bay.  I did very well the last time I fished lighthouse. That is another 6 miles or so out so a pretty long run.  Erie walleye fishing has been off the hook this year!!  You'll want to watch the weather though and if you have a small boat then disregard all that, as  you can also go into long point bay and fish for largemouth etc.  Lots of fishing opportunity in the area!

Backfield.

You were right to post this question here on this site. One of the most informative and friendly sites you'll find.

That being said; maybe try here for more responses and up to date info on the inner and outer bay of Long Point Bay area. 

http://www.longpoint.on.ca/forum/index.php?forums/fishing-reports/

I have a trailer in Normandale (5 minutes from Turkey Point beach and it backs onto the TPPPark) and have fished the bay a lot (30 +years) until I sold my boat. Any help I can give just let me know.

Dan.

Edited by DanD

Thanks Porkpie and DanD. I don't use riggers, most of the time I cast: tubes, dropshot, senko or cranks. Sometimes I'd use deepsies but not planning to go out far (Erie can be vicious for my 17 footer :-)).

For largemouth there, what do you recommend? Topwater, Texas or just tubes? I was thinking of finding some depth drops or rock piles for smallies but folks are saying it's been a tough go for smallies this year.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks again!

B.