Marine grade plywood

Rattletrap2

I just did some work on my '91 bass tracker - put in a new live well pump - to do that I had to remove the gas tank - some of the flooring was soft so I removed the carpet and rotted wood - the wood was all wet under the carpet - I know the carpet looks good but I think it stays wet longer and causes the wood to eventually rot  _ I got some 3/4 " plywood and painted it with an under coat and couple layers of good outdoor paint - no carpet anymore - years ago I did the thing with the flooring in another part of the boat and it held up real good  - if needed I"ll paint the floor once in awhile 

4 hours ago, JoePa said:

I just did some work on my '91 bass tracker - put in a new live well pump - to do that I had to remove the gas tank - some of the flooring was soft so I removed the carpet and rotted wood - the wood was all wet under the carpet - I know the carpet looks good but I think it stays wet longer and causes the wood to eventually rot  _ I got some 3/4 " plywood and painted it with an under coat and couple layers of good outdoor paint - no carpet anymore - years ago I did the thing with the flooring in another part of the boat and it held up real good  - if needed I"ll paint the floor once in awhile 

Do you add grit to keep it anti slip?

I did my floor a couple years back and marine ply was not worth the cost. At Robert Bury lumber they have plywood made for billboards that’s made of fir at about $60 a sheet. I know a guy that worked for the highways department who said guys would use it for floors in their boats after it was used for a billboard for ten years or so and it was still plenty strong enough. Anyway, I went this route and it was much cheaper and has not disappointed in any manner. I did cover it in vinyl as well. The vinyl cost me about $200 bucks for my 18’ boat. It was money well spent for sure. 

Just my opinion, Good luck with the job! 

Keep your hooks sharp!