Remember the old days

angelcanon

I ran into a old friend last week, and we got to talking about some of the best fishing we've ever had was in the 80s at the maid of the mist, Niagara Falls Canada, now the Niagara river has always had great fishing no matter the season, but over the last 40 years I have seen the spots I fished as a kid, into my 20s and now as I creep up on 50, disappear due to private property now, or being gated up due to hydro, parking lot restrictions on times, and an entire list I probably don't even know about, I guess this is more of a rant now but seriously if those spots, hard to get to weren't available for me in those younger years, which produced amazing salmon, trout, bass, pike, and some unknown monster i hooked into at night once that I never got a chance to reel in, stripped 200 yards blew apart reel and ran up river about 20 miles a hour, I'd never be the fisherman I am today, respecting the water and nature, enjoying the fresh air the thrill of the fight  the anticipation of that strike. The idea of keeping people away from a great day fishing, a father or mother with they're kids, grandfather bringing home another story, someone taking a pic of they're first rock bass etc, well its sorta depressing, bring back the old days when a beat up glass rod can of back yard dug up worms created hours of peace and entertainment loose the fences and let's create some good fishing for the next generation.

IMG005.jpg