New toys for the toon

misfish

I got an offer I couldn't refuse this week. I wasn't sure how to except this over whelming offer, but I did and now I have upgraded the toon. First was this 55lb thrust tiller bow mount. What to do with this ? No way to rig it on the toon fully assembled. SO, i dismantled it, dismantled the 30 I had, removed the 30 from the mounting bracket, inserted the 55 into it, reassembled ( turning the head so it was in the right position for tillering from the stern. This was much easier then I thought it was going to be. The shaft is 53". I will probably cut it down, as I am sure it,s more shaft then I need. Bigger is not always better. :rofl2:

Always take a pic so you don't get it wrong when you put it back together. ?

8X5X437.jpg

PS8hl3e.jpg

3GrKIXy.jpg

PswJARY.jpg

The other new toy, HB 598 di hd si, gps finder. Stopped by to see BillM, and he got me hooked up and upgraded. Thanks buddy. Seems I am missing the small chip that goes into the larger one, so a trip down to Radio World is in order. I hope to get this rigged up on the toon this week. Never had a GPS finder, always a way point guy. Look forward to playing with the down imaging and side imaging thing a ma bob. Will be picking up a ice ducer and ice bag later on as well.

cBmFI03.jpg?1

With the new battery and trolling motor, I had to get the balance right. Worked perfect. Me in the front, battery behind me and the long shaft at the back. And does it ever scoot. I will diffidently be cutting the shaft. 10" off.

na0Gy7e.png?1