New Navionics app feature-Fishing Depth Shading

David Chong

Just curious how many members are taking advantage of this new feature on the Navionics app, the Fishing Depths Shading! You can select up to 5 different depth ranges to shade in different colours! This was tremendously helpful to me and my partners as we plan for tournaments and are looking for new areas of a lake to scout! Your mobile or tablet Navionics app must be up to date and as well as your Navionics+ subscription. I've attached a few screen shots of some popular Kawartha lakes. 

Navionics App Color Shading-005 DC.jpg

Navionics App Color Shading-006 DC.jpg

Navionics App Color Shading-007 DC.jpg

Navionics App Color Shading-008 DC.jpg

On 8/17/2018 at 10:02 PM, Dan668 said:

Ive been using it. I wish the cards on the units had this functionality or atleast have the ability like Lakemaster, green and red highlights. 

My understanding is that the Navionics chip already has this ready to go but as far as usage in different units, the electronics manufacturers are the ones who must allow this feature to appear. If you happen to have a Garmin unit and are using their LakeVu chip then you can actually shade up to 10 depth ranges.

The Navionics Boating App for an iPhone for USA & Canada should be about $20-$21 on the App Store! You can't buy the mobile app on the Navionics site. The prices that you see there are for chips for chartplotters and update chips. You have to go to the Apple App Store or Google Play for Android for the mobile app? Now the HD version for iPads are more costly.

9 minutes ago, SirCranksalot said:

I understood a few years back that Navionics for a smart phone was quite cheap ($25-$30). I guess that's no longer the case . Everything on their website seems to be $100 +

The Navionics Boating App for an iPhone for USA & Canada should be about $20-$21 on the App Store! You can't buy the mobile app on the Navionics site. The prices that you see there are for chips for chartplotters and update chips. You have to go to the Apple App Store or Google Play for Android for the mobile app? Now the HD version for iPads are more costly.