Vancouver area fishing advice

huzzsaba

I will be travelling to vancouver area at the end of this month and hopefully would like to do some shore fishing for salmon while there.  I know its a long shot, but if anyone can offer advice on where to fish, that would be great.  I'm pretty sure some type of salmon would be around the river mouths at that time. Would love to go on a charter, but prices are similar to port credit charters = pricey!

Thanks in advance

1 hour ago, AKRISONER said:

if i were you i would be trying for some capilano coho, both in the river and on the sand banks off of the shore of ambleside park. Seen plenty of people fishing there and obviously up the capilano river.

Thanks.  I read about Capilano river.  Will definitely check it out

53 minutes ago, misfish said:

MJL ( mikey ) is your man for this. He did a great report a couple of years ago here.

I will try to get in touch with him.  thanks

I was in BC last week. I can't help with this fishing, but I will suggest that you invest in some sort of smoke repellent/face mask as the fires are out of control and everywhere! We could smell smoke on Vancouver Island all week long. I understand that it is even worse now than when I was there.

HH

1 hour ago, Sinker said:

Try the fraser river for sturgeon. You can catch all the salmon you want right here in your back yard. Same fish.  Can't catch sturgeon here.....legally. 

S. 

Not unless you're way up north on a fly-in.  

5 hours ago, BillM said:

Not unless you're way up north on a fly-in.  

Hes in vancouver. The sturgeon fishing is a blast.  Do we have giant sea run white sturgeon in ontario? Didnt think so....lol

Salmon there are the same as here. Ours might even be bigger on average. 

S. 

15 hours ago, Sinker said:

Hes in vancouver. The sturgeon fishing is a blast.  Do we have giant sea run white sturgeon in ontario? Didnt think so....lol

Salmon there are the same as here. Ours might even be bigger on average. 

S. 

I guess you missed my point, there are open sturgeon seasons in Ontario :)   But you'll most likely have to fly to them.   

And yeah, I'd definitely hit the Fraser out there for sturgeon, salmon are everywhere.

On 8/16/2018 at 9:52 AM, craigdritchie said:

Detailed PM sent.

Thanks for your detailed PM Craig.  Was very useful!

Thanks to everyone else for their replies. I'm actually staying in Abbotsford but was planning to check out Vancouver.  Was hoping there was some type of Pier like they have here along Lake O, but seems its mostly beach fishing.  Wish there was some of that here!  Would be fun!

I think Capilano river (Ambleside beach) is an option I may try if I get a chance. Will surely post back if I catch anything!