Heart attack

birddogman99

Ok guys and gals, a little advice.....4 months ago at 49 years of age, I suffered a heart attack and it was the best thing that ever happened to me.  

Why you may ask....well...I realized what was important to me in life....including spending more time with love ones fishing.  I made a commitment on April 10th in the hospital that I would fish more with my kids.  One week after, I was on the pier at Godeirch fishing for perch....didn't catch any but it was the greatest feeling ever.  First week of July I was up on the Upper French River watching my 17 year old daughter land the huge Northern pictured below.  I watched her also land a 7lb walleye and my two boys catch dozens of walleye and bass.  I cried when we sat down on a rock to enjoy a shore lunch (before the fire ban).  Tears of thankfulness at the second chance I had received.  The walleye that day had never tasted so good.  I went back to the Upper French River a couple weeks ago and with a smile so big on my face as I watched my new friend out fish me by landing the huge Largemouth and a huge sheephead.  

Life is great....and for me has never been better since I suffered my heart attack.  So to all my fishing friends out there....enjoy every moment you have on the water....enjoy every cast...every bite....because unfortunately not everyone gets a second chance like I did.  

Sincerely 

Birddogman99

20180704_101601.jpg

20180804_103735.jpg

20180805_113101.jpg

• Like 2

It  certainly can be a game changer. My M.I. was 18 years ago and I flat lined. I was given a second chance and I use it to the fullest enjoying my life, my children's lives, and now, the lives of several grandchildren.  Tough way to learn but glad you learned the lesson as I have.:clapping:

glad to hear you're doing well after the scare and that you're spending time with friends and family.  having the opportunity to re-evaluate is a gift and hope others take this step before having a medical emergency. the fishing lifestyle isn't the most active so we need to keep on top of things (esp shore lunches) so we can keep doing this as long as we can. sorry for the preach but I've lost friends to various cardiac issues and would prefer not to go through it again.

btw, I hear weed growth near memquisit is decent :)