A few quick picks

spincast

Headed back out to Nipigon again for the annual this year. Each trip has been a different experience with different fish hopping to play. This time it was mostly eyes. We had a couple of walleye chop days that put over 50 in the boat (one of which saw us running 8 miles home in 3 -4 footers), a couple days when the weather locked em up for good periods of the day. We covered LOTS of water and were happy to have the Nautical Chart mounted on the wall,- it was a life ( and motor ) saver. There are no chips for this lake.

lots of double headers. I ran nothing but my own home made baits one day - out fished my partner :)

EtrRrRH.jpg

l56xKG6.jpg

these guys had me putting together extra worm harnesses on home made bait day as they bit me off frequently

5uHLQVV.jpg

4x2yqip.jpg

as always, the fish here were thick across the middle and thick shouldered

1xgj20q.jpg

once again, Kev got the biggest eye of the week, 

4O3cps4.jpg

Tm9JIvn.jpg

this guy started home made presentation day by slamming a brass colorado blade spinner

zZEYIUk.jpg

one for supper, 2 for the freezer

H3RsPKX.jpg

the gator's punched 2 huge holes in the net I had to retie with 50lb flouro.  Thats makes 3 holes now - time for new netting

sdxS7Ec.jpg

tihjm1A.jpg

IKQgPyr.jpg

Gotta work on reviewing all the pictures for the year end summary - but you get the idea.

Edited by spincast
spelling

Thanks Bill. Hand bombing them is something I haven't mastered yet. They were also more nuts than usual, combined with lighter set ups - I had to cut the first 20 foot of line off more than once because they were so energetic - they would make 20 foot runs, charge under  the boat, under the trolling motor, around the side, race past the stern and back to the front.. A lot of them were incidentals, Caught at least 15 on just a jig and a worm,  with 10lb flouro leaders, or home made worm harnesses on the same. 

Thanks Sy - Wrong Nip though - not the one that sounds what you're not allowed to do in the pool :)  And we think there are still a few miles we haven't touched....lol - anything outside the red zone is still inviting us to return for that trophy

IMzFydL.jpg

Edited by spincast