Bramble Berries

Fisherman

4 hours ago, Fisherman said:

No, not yet,  I have personal delivery when he gets a few, lol.

Ya. I,m sure I,ll be seeing him soon. I,ll be sure to remind him again, not to forget about you. LOL

Be nice to get a couple of small ones this year to smoke.

Edited by misfish

As kids in the country ,  50-60's, did a lot of wild berry picking , but don't recall those Brambleberries. We had wild black raspberries that were similar but smaller, mom made a great jam with them mixed with red ones as the blacks were pretty dry on their own. We did have a nearby Mulberry Tree that had a fruit similar to those and it made great pies but mom still cursed it when the berries were ripe and she had laundry on the line, birds liked them too and they would mess purple poop on the clothes ?. Lastly the swale behind the house had lots of elderberries, those you would strip with a coarse comb from the cluster , lot of work but the pies and jam was worth it.  Then there was nuts too,  my favourite was the Butternut, but those are all gone, some kind of canker or blight wiped them out,  back then I even knew of a few American Chestnuts that had survived that blight , but I suspect they are now gone too.