Big Bald Lake

fisher

Heading to Big Bald lake in a couple of weeks and wondered if anyone has any tips on the fishing and can suggest a public or private boat launch on the lake. 

Ill be renting a cottage located on saunders rd on the north east side of the lake. Any launches close by?

Edited by fisher

We haven't fished Big Bald for several years but when Pigeon Lake gets real windy we fish Bald . We are Muskie fisherman and usually boat a couple Muskies and bigger Bass on our Muskie lures there . Plenty of rocky ledges and weeds to fish . Good Luck

A couple years back I stayed at the Catalina bay resort and ended up fishing with Cowanjo as he has a place there somewhere. (Haven't seen him on here lately) but he took me out a few hours before sundown and managed 2 nice ones in the 40" range casting weed beds along the shores, from memory we were using a few double 10's and some big tube baits

Edited by leaf4

Catalina Bay Resort is where we've launched in the past! Check out the Navionics web app or the Navionics app on your phone or tablet and you'll see quite a number of fishing spots shared by the Navionics community! A fair number of them are spots that I've fished on Big Bald Lake! Best of luck!