Getting things done.

glen

Getting things done cuts into my fun time.  But I have a son as a helper. The helpers phone is not working so now he asks if he can borrow mine.  I notice a very nice willingness to help now that he is asking to borrow mine. Now I’m going to get him a new phone. Hope he doesn’t quit on me.  

Funny watching this play out. 

As the father of a 17 year old boy, and 2 younger boys as well anything I have given them they've  been made well aware that I can take it back.  Heck, anything they have bought on their own I've told then is mine also if they don't  follow the house rules and pitch in when asked, after all they live room and board free! We've always been reasonable, but we don't take any Bull.  Parenting is a benevolent dictatorship.  Too many people are under the mistaken impression that they should be friends with their kids.  Not the case.  Friendly and kind, yes... friends, no.  Tell him the phones gone the minute the help stops.  We have a pretty decent and helpful crew around my place for the most part, and I don't have to cut the grass anymore!

Edited by porkpie
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, OhioFisherman said:

LOL, phones! I have 3 reasonably attractive daughters, you can only imagine what their teen years were like here.

I 4 attractive daughters, now women. I never answered the phone after they were in high school. I never had a chance!!!!!

when they all come over on Sunday with their families they have at least 8 phones going and 5 iPads.

I still don’t answer the phone.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, ketchenany said:

I 4 attractive daughters, now women. I never answered the phone after they were in high school. I never had a chance!!!!!

when they all come over on Sunday with their families they have at least 8 phones going and 5 iPads.

I would sooner talk to one of them, then you anyways. LOL:P

4 hours ago, ketchenany said:

LOL! The disappointed look? Dad it's for you. After 10pm I answered the phone, no calls unless it's an emergency! My daughters seemed to have a unique ability to find boyfriends that were long distance calls! Show that dude you care! write him a freaking letter, it's a lost art!

6 minutes ago, OhioFisherman said:

LOL! write him a freaking letter, it's a lost art!

WRITE! Kids today can’t hold a pen, only two thumbs work! 

We’ll se what happens when their kids are up there! One of my daughters asked me it I had and old push button phone so she could teach her kids. That was a shock, I offered a dial and she refused. She never saw a dial model.

ketch, my dad was a ww2 vet and he had to quit school when he was 13 to help support the family when his father died, I worked with a lot of ww2 and Korean war vets, some of their handwriting was fantastic, I guess being far from home and in danger was a good motivator to learn?