Harvest starting early

bigugli

I have 2 types of purple bell. One is P star the other is P beauty. I also have chocolate and black. They are heirloom varieties. Purples are mild in flavour. Chocolates are sweeter than reds.

Ketchenany,  the Hungarian hots are a nice pepper with more heat than a jalapeno but much sweeter.

Looking good Bruce, a little surprised your Hungarian Hots pack more heat than the Jalapenos ,  I found my Jalapenos' were a notch higher on the scale. When we got the dogs I gave up on gardening , I just sponge off the neighbour now ? 

20 hours ago, ketchenany said:

I was wondering the same thing. Serve those when the kids come a few times and they won’t be back lol.

those light green hot jobs are amazing, I BBQ them and use them in pulled pork sandwiches. Just to give it a kick.

Dont forget to let me know when the shepperds are ready in woodyville.

10 minutes ago, misfish said:

Dont forget to let me know when the shepperds are ready in woodyville.

I’m in for those too. I’ll keep looking,  still early. My farms close by have been shut down 1/2 mil condos are better :(. Only Longos and Fortino May have them. Bruce do you guys have any? But the cost of a day trip would not make it possible I believe. 

6 hours ago, AKRISONER said:

man...i want those jalepenos.

In my experience ones grown in the garden are like 10 times hotter than the grocery store's...yummm

Peppers for the store are picked prematurely for maximum shelf life .  They are not truly ripe until they are red. These are the size of cannon shells

3 hours ago, crappieperchhunter said:

Looks good Bruce. My garden is doing well too....cantaloupes next week I hope. Hopefully you are still finding some time to get out and fish.

I hope to have a first pick of cantalope this week as well. Have a full row of them

3 hours ago, dave524 said:

Looking good Bruce, a little surprised your Hungarian Hots pack more heat than the Jalapenos ,  I found my Jalapenos' were a notch higher on the scale. When we got the dogs I gave up on gardening , I just sponge off the neighbour now ? 

On Scoville scale this variety of jalapeno is 5-6000, the Hungarians are 8-10000 scoville units 

• Like 1