Anyone Ned rigging?

b_cdot

This bait is absolutely awesome for smallmouth. Who has gotten on the train? I know it's not that new but I am hooked! Curious with how you like to fish it. Jigheads? plastics? weights? setups? depths? cover? presentations? This bait is outfishing all of my other traditional smallie presentations right now. It's also a killer bait for jumbo perch lol!

8 hours ago, b_cdot said:

This bait is absolutely awesome for smallmouth. Who has gotten on the train? I know it's not that new but I am hooked! Curious with how you like to fish it. Jigheads? plastics? weights? setups? depths? cover? presentations? This bait is outfishing all of my other traditional smallie presentations right now. It's also a killer bait for jumbo perch lol!

TOOT! TOOT!  I was using a piece of a Hula Stik as a drop shot bait for smallies at a buddies cottage.  Over the weekend it probably caught 50 smallies,  and I never had to change the bait once.   I went through two or three packs of senkos and probably would have gone through a few more if hadn't switched.  I got to thinking , this will be great for perching.   Oh, and a trick shot on a mushroom head =$.

So this is basically what I do with crappie baits when I'm bored and don't bother switching up, lol.   Lots of fun, catches everything especially big bass.   

2in Lunker City Fin-S minnow on a 1/8 or 1/16oz head.   Takes FOREVER to sink, lol.

Edited by BillM
  • Like 1

I've been using the trick shotZ for my drop shot bait and I've used the same one for about 20 fish. I am nose hooking it. Hasn't ripped or flung off on any of 'em yet. Hard to buy other baits when you get your money's worth with all this elaztech stuff

On 8/7/2018 at 2:24 PM, BillM said:

So this is basically what I do with crappie baits when I'm bored and don't bother switching up, lol.   Lots of fun, catches everything especially big bass.   

2in Lunker City Fin-S minnow on a 1/8 or 1/16oz head.   Takes FOREVER to sink, lol.

For a different look try them on a 1/8th ounce roadrunner head.