b_cdot

Anyone Ned rigging?

This bait is absolutely awesome for smallmouth. Who has gotten on the train? I know it's not that new but I am hooked! Curious with how you like to fish it. Jigheads? plastics? weights? setups? depths? cover? presentations? This bait is outfishing all of my other traditional smallie presentations right now. It's also a killer bait for jumbo perch lol!

8 hours ago, b_cdot said:

This bait is absolutely awesome for smallmouth. Who has gotten on the train? I know it's not that new but I am hooked! Curious with how you like to fish it. Jigheads? plastics? weights? setups? depths? cover? presentations? This bait is outfishing all of my other traditional smallie presentations right now. It's also a killer bait for jumbo perch lol!

TOOT! TOOT!  I was using a piece of a Hula Stik as a drop shot bait for smallies at a buddies cottage.  Over the weekend it probably caught 50 smallies,  and I never had to change the bait once.   I went through two or three packs of senkos and probably would have gone through a few more if hadn't switched.  I got to thinking , this will be great for perching.   Oh, and a trick shot on a mushroom head =$.

So this is basically what I do with crappie baits when I'm bored and don't bother switching up, lol.   Lots of fun, catches everything especially big bass.   

2in Lunker City Fin-S minnow on a 1/8 or 1/16oz head.   Takes FOREVER to sink, lol.

Edited by BillM
  • Like 1

I've been using the trick shotZ for my drop shot bait and I've used the same one for about 20 fish. I am nose hooking it. Hasn't ripped or flung off on any of 'em yet. Hard to buy other baits when you get your money's worth with all this elaztech stuff

On 8/7/2018 at 1:54 AM, Chuck Enwinde said:

Oh, and a trick shot on a mushroom head =$.

Thank you Sir! I don't know why I didn't think of that before 🤔

On 8/7/2018 at 2:24 PM, BillM said:

So this is basically what I do with crappie baits when I'm bored and don't bother switching up, lol.   Lots of fun, catches everything especially big bass.   

2in Lunker City Fin-S minnow on a 1/8 or 1/16oz head.   Takes FOREVER to sink, lol.

For a different look try them on a 1/8th ounce roadrunner head.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.