Moosebunk

A Nunavut Nomad IV. Hudson Bay's Coral Char.

During July while contracted to work in Coral Harbour, Nunavut, I was treated to six days out on the tundra fishing arctic char.  With rather tempered expectations but high hopes, an unforgettable experience would quite exceed anything I could have imagined ahead of time. This is a heavy picture loaded story inspired from places atop Hudson Bay few will ever visit, written for the spirit of fishing adventure.  Read on if you like...

http://bunksoutdoorangle.com/a-nunavut-nomad-iv-hudson-bays-coral-char/

a00_zpsgcahq0oq.jpg

Thanks for reading, 

Bunk.

Edited by Moosebunk
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Chuck Enwinde said:

Wicked and wild.  Is that the same Brody that used to take awesome pictures, and still does?

Might just be the same fella Chuck..? Brody hasn't been at it long but the CBC Nunavut Facebook page has surely posted a good number of his arctic photos. Would guess that happy kids, huskies and any other animals he can photograph as his favorites but, he certainly did an amazing job on the fish and rainbow shots in this post.

Thanks to those few who read and enjoyed.

As I said on the blog itself, I cannot imagine cramming more awesomeness into a single blog post............

1 hour ago, akaShag said:

As I said on the blog itself, I cannot imagine cramming more awesomeness into a single blog post............

Ha! That was you. Got that notification earlier, and then this one now. There's more than one Doug that's posted at the site, but not more than the one-of-a-kind Doug you are. Thanks bearded buddy! 

On 8/29/2018 at 10:42 PM, nkuchmak said:

Wow dude. incredible! I fished char in nunavut 10 years ago but Im dying to do it again they are such an awesome fish. 

10 years ago I fished char for the first time too. Since then, been back four more times and now basically plan each summer for it.  They are a fish that both ruins your life and makes ya incredibly happy. lol.

On 8/30/2018 at 3:24 PM, Bill Shearer said:

Awesome! You have set the standard for a fishing post for us all!

Thanks Bill. Plenty practice. The next one will be even better, that's always the goal anyways.

Back from Polar Bear, Bunk?

I am heading out this week for an adventure.........but NOT to Polar Bear or Nunavut!

Doug

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.