Having a blast on the new toon

misfish

Got it all rigged. Next year, a down rigger. :Gonefishing:

Will be my last laker outing til Sept. The lake is really warm and the alga bloom is crazy.  One fish didnt make it, but it did not spoil and was gifted to my old friend.

I tried a 2 video camera thing. Man, It is alot of work editing. But fun none the less. Hope ya enjoy.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Rattletrap2 said:

Very Nice! I guess the depth takes a toll on them coming up? Beautiful fish!

Thanks Mr. B

It,s more the warm water, and the fight. I cant help if they are strong and do not what to come up easy. Thats why I will not be fishing them til the week of closing. Hopefully the water cools off a bit by then.

1 hour ago, mamona said:

Nicely rigged toon. Can't wait to see how you will set up the rigger on it.

Thanks

I will have two stations made up. One for using the electric and one for rowing. I wont be using the traditional 7-10 lb balls. The one pound will do fine, as I will be using flutter spoons and body baits mostly.

Edited by misfish

1 hour ago, Tom S said:

Looking good. I've started to look for a float tube thanks to your videos, have some smaller bodies of water in mind that would be fun to access that way.

Thanks Tom

Do not go crazy if you looking for something to just float around. This one was my first and for the price, it,s the middle of the floats. Like seating in a lazy boy.:sleeping_02:

https://www.overstock.ca/Sports-Toys/Cumberland-Green-Fly-Fishing-Float-Tube/6610570/product.html

I loved it. The only reason I went to a pontoon was during the cold water season, yer feet get real cold. The Cumberland is very comfortable. And half the price of the out cast. I found the cumberland well made. Get yourself an air head 12 volt blower. They are cheap. $15 or so. Flippers are needed. I did try using a yak paddle, but that was a waste of $. If that pontoon in the classifieds is still for sale, I would grab it if I were you. It sets up quick.

I couldnt find the toon, but this might be still around.

Edited by misfish

I had a line on one for a good price on Kijiji, but couldn't get out there before someone else beat me to it. Saw that Cumberland on Kijiji as well, but don't end up out in KW to much. If I do I'll definitely look into picking that one up.

Funny you say that about using a kayak paddle. I was at Arrowhead this past week and saw a couple of ladies hop in float tubes and try to head down the river using kayak paddles. Probably about the most awkward way I've ever seen a watercraft propelled. Thought about walking over to them and making an offer on the tubes.

I also fish for salmon out of a float pontoon and i find that mostly flatlining diving body baits works best. But in a pinch you can get a Luhr Jensen Pink Lady trolling diver to take spoons down about 50 feet. I have found that with diving weights like downrigger balls and lead topedoes I can't row fast enough to get the trolling weights to work properly. Even the smallest dipsey diver is too heavy to be effective for me. It works but is not overly effective and is not much fun when you hook up as you are bringing in a heavy piece of lead on a Bass rod. I have seen anglers in America effectivly jig weighted plastics like swimbaits or 4" Power minnows for Salmon on their side of the Great Lakes. Looks like fun and I might try that to get deep salmon that are  belly to the bottom but for me casting or trolling body baits is the ticket out of the Hobie.