HUGE muskie

FishFishing

11 hours ago, chris.brock said:

yeah, what's with Ang bear hugging the thing with all the slime ending up on his jacket???

just like the time i went out fishing with a "muskies canada" member and his landing process was to net the fish and then throw it on the floor of his boat to unhook it ?

to be clear I am not talking about fisherpete lol that guy is a next level fish handler

Muskies are extremely slimy and big ones  are very strong and holding them in the proper manner isn't always possible and sometime a "bear hug" just happens, specially when your alone, but if you hang on tight you should be able to win the struggle hahaha

008-3.jpg

007-2.jpg

Edited by lew
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, chris.brock said:

Yeah, he's likely got a box full of those jackets at home, lol.

I'm talking about proper fish handling techniques, especially since that is a highly esteemed, big specimen of a muskie. 

This was my thought too Chris. 

This fish could have eventually been a world record........... except you took all the slime off of it and probably killed it.

-_- 

14 minutes ago, jimmer said:

It doesn't look much bigger than Lew's fish considering it's a great lakes fish (unless Lew's is a great lakes also, lol).  I don't think the fish will die..

Mine was a 52 that came outta Nippissing jimmer.

Without any measurements talk of world record is fruitless, me thinks that was a click bait move. Fish had Shoulders!

Nice fish regardless! I've had to bear hug a slimmer or two in my day.  It isn't "proper" handling but it happens, worse if he dropped the big girl.  Looks like the fish swam away healthy.

That's a dandy fish Lew, super clean.

Edited by Reef Runner

6 minutes ago, AKRISONER said:

lmao "world record"

i have a feeling the guides on G bay that catch 60"s might have something to say about that.

The St. Lawrence is loaded with monster fish and  holds many, many  "world record" size fish, including Lake St. Francis, don't ever rule it out.

2 hours ago, lew said:

Muskies are extremely slimy and big ones  are very strong and holding them in the proper manner isn't always possible and sometime a "bear hug" just happens, specially when your alone, but if you hang on tight you should be able to win the struggle hahaha

008-3.jpg

007-2.jpg

I remember that fish and the spot Lew.

Those Nip fish miss you :D

22 minutes ago, lew said:

The St. Lawrence is loaded with monster fish and  holds many, many  "world record" size fish, including Lake St. Francis, don't ever rule it out.

oh that wasnt a slight at those bodies of water, i regularly get photos from fisherpete about them lol

my point was that this fishn canada claiming world record is a joke/clickbait

Edited by AKRISONER

If you know of anyone who's caught a 60 on gbay please share!

They are just trying to generate some interest. They could of omitted world record talk though. You can't be mad at the fish hold. That's a real nice fish regardless.

That fish must of felt great Lew!

22 minutes ago, jimmer said:

Are they a great lakes fish in Nippissing? I know they are in the French, but are they same?

I honestly don't know jimmer but I spose it's likely as they definitely have similar markings.

This is a Lake St. Francis (St. Lawrence River) fish with some very interesting markings.

015.jpg

This is another I got the same day.

003.jpg

And this big girl came from the same area 10 or 12 years ago

Cnv0617.jpg

Edited by lew
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, JoshS said:

If you know of anyone who's caught a 60 on gbay please share!

They are just trying to generate some interest. They could of omitted world record talk though. You can't be mad at the fish hold. That's a real nice fish regardless.

That fish must of felt great Lew!

The guys catching monsters on Gbay aren't the sharing kind.    They are being caught however.

in one of my Ontario fishing books (2000)  the record Muskie came out of GBay and was 65 lbs. I don’t have the date at the top of my head, but it was caught by a ‘rookie” he also “hugged” it.

need to save them for the future. Lew has done that a for us. Thanks.

31 minutes ago, chris.brock said:

Ken O'Brian caught the 65 pounder, Moon River area, in the fall, allegedly 8 or 10 lbs test line and a small Rapala.

Ang Viola's fish doesn't seem to be thrashing, he just bear hugs it for no reason in the video.

http://www.luckylures.nl/esox_muskellunge_record.php

There is a picture of it on that link.