2019 Trip

AnglerJake

Good morning! Due to various reasons, I am looking for a drive-in trip sometime in mid August or mid September, 2019, rather than a fly-in. There will be my two brothers in law, one of their 12 year old boys, and myself. We are looking for someplace that is not a large resort. We would need a housekeeping cabin and a couple boats and motors. Looking more for numbers rather than trophies. Walleye would be number one target followed by northern. Smallmouth bass would be a bonus. Coming from central Indiana, so 16 hour or so drive. Any recommendations will be appreciated. I have looked at the Dominion Lake Outpost with Discovery Lake Lodge near Sioux Lookout, Prairie Bee Outpost and Happy Day Lodge near Chapleau. Any experience with any of these? Thanks!

Why not try the mid section of Lac Seul? There is a small outfitter called William's Lake Lodge that would suit your needs perfectly. I fish this area a lot as I live an hour drive away. Trophy walleye, Numbers of fish too,  and in mid September the bass are on fire! 

http://www.williamslakelodge.net/pdf/WLL Brochure 2012.pdf

I don't have any connection to the camp I just fish in the same area , there is a larger camp there too called Silver Water Wheel, but I've heard it's pricey and also its a fairly large camp which you say you don't want.

Here are a few videos of me up at William's bay  at the time of year you are thinking about going

Edited by limeyangler
  • Like 1