Great Yamaha Marina Experience

captpierre

I needed some routine service done on my 2007 F115 outboard. Took her to Walsten Marine north of Bobcaygeon. Timing belt, internal fuel filter, impeller. Also had them look it over and water test. Computer tested. No codes. 920 hours. Prearranged to drop off and wait to take back.   All done in 2 hrs. 

Parts and labour $373 + tax. 

Very happy with this motor and Walsten Marine. I would highly recommend them 

Cheers. Peter 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Good to hear. I was amazed  to learn what little the Marinas pay their mechanics though. I think that's why many Marine dealers have bad reputations. I was told they get 25 bucks an hour, maybe, and the Marine dealers are charging 100 an hour and above. $373.00 plus HST for 2 hours, not cheap but what is these days? Put Marine before a part and the cost gets ridiculous.

17 hours ago, Old Ironmaker said:

Good to hear. I was amazed  to learn what little the Marinas pay their mechanics though. I think that's why many Marine dealers have bad reputations. I was told they get 25 bucks an hour, maybe, and the Marine dealers are charging 100 an hour and above. $373.00 plus HST for 2 hours, not cheap but what is these days? Put Marine before a part and the cost gets ridiculous.

$25 an hour is a pretty decent gig to work on boats. AC in the summer, warm in the winter. 

All personal opinion of course.