captpierre

Great Yamaha Marina Experience

I needed some routine service done on my 2007 F115 outboard. Took her to Walsten Marine north of Bobcaygeon. Timing belt, internal fuel filter, impeller. Also had them look it over and water test. Computer tested. No codes. 920 hours. Prearranged to drop off and wait to take back.   All done in 2 hrs. 

Parts and labour $373 + tax. 

Very happy with this motor and Walsten Marine. I would highly recommend them 

Cheers. Peter 

• Like 2

Good to hear. I was amazed  to learn what little the Marinas pay their mechanics though. I think that's why many Marine dealers have bad reputations. I was told they get 25 bucks an hour, maybe, and the Marine dealers are charging 100 an hour and above. $373.00 plus HST for 2 hours, not cheap but what is these days? Put Marine before a part and the cost gets ridiculous.

17 hours ago, Old Ironmaker said:

Good to hear. I was amazed  to learn what little the Marinas pay their mechanics though. I think that's why many Marine dealers have bad reputations. I was told they get 25 bucks an hour, maybe, and the Marine dealers are charging 100 an hour and above. $373.00 plus HST for 2 hours, not cheap but what is these days? Put Marine before a part and the cost gets ridiculous.

$25 an hour is a pretty decent gig to work on boats. AC in the summer, warm in the winter. 

All personal opinion of course.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• Great day of laker fishing!

I finally got a chance to scoot out on my own. Brought the GoPro with me for the first time this season. What a blast! It's kind of nice being on the rod instead of the net for a change.    

in General Discussion

• Old Yamaha 30hp tuneup - buy parts online?

I have neglected my Yamaha 30hp (1991?) for awhile now and its running fine but is due for some TLC. I hit all the grease points in the spring and fall but other details are due. I change the lower gear oil twice a year since I bought it used over 5 years go. My first oil change was a "milkshake" and I thought the seals were shot but its been clean since so I will keep the constant gear oil changes every few months for a cheap preventive measure if it needs it or not.The Yamaha C30Q is over

in General Discussion

• 2010 Lund Rebel 1625 XL w/ 2010 60 hp Yamaha outboard

View Advert 2010 Lund Rebel 1625 XL w/ 2010 60 hp Yamaha outboard **I am selling this boat for my dad.  If you are serious and want more information, send me a PM and I will send you his number.  Boat is located in Port Perry area** Included in the package: Lowrance Hook 9 sonar/chartplotter in the back Humminbird Helix 5 sonar/chartplotter in the bow Minn Kota 70 lbs thrust 24 v trolling motor on the bow w/ on board charger (batteries less t

in Boats, Motors and Supplies

• Great Week on Nip/Upper French

Another great week at Sandy Haven Camp on Nip/Upper French.  Been going there for over 35 years and its about as good as it's ever been.   Three generations of Dietz boys hit the Nipissing grand slam.  Boated two muskies, had hooks in two more and numerous follows.   The walleye bite was hot with 40-50 fish days and limits of keepers.   Bass fishing, smallies and largemouth, was real good too.   That place is on fire!

in General Discussion

• Marina That Can Replace Rivets

Hi Folks,   Can anyone recommend a good place in the GTA that can take apart the decking on my boat and replace 7 missing rivets? They might also need to place some of the floor boards.   I am willing to drive a couple of hours if necessary in order to have a good job done.   Thanks!   Warren

in General Discussion