Circa 2002 minnkota parts.

pidge

Hello all haven't posted in many years, but still fish when time allows....the long and short I'm looking for the locking clamp piece of a minnkota 50lbs from the year 2002. Mine has broke and was just throwing it out there as a last ditch effort to see if anyone had one that was pooched, but the plastic bits were still good. Any help? I'm currently using a ratchet strap, but that's becoming a pain in the you know what. According to minnkotas website that part isn't available anymore....for what it's worth, it's a bow mount "power drive". 12 volt. Thanks, Greg.

-Chuck I didn't even think of that and sent a guy there yesterday for a Muskie reel repair. Duh!! do I feel foolish lol. In defence to that I didn't know he dabbled in trolling motors. Thank you for the tip. 

-OhioFisherman thanks for the link, but I've gone thru it already...the part it's hard to explain without a picture and I'm not computer saucy as I once was , it's the part that disingauges the shaft to be slid and holds it firm while travelling. Side note I suck at explaining sometimes...it has a handle piece that's sorta like a sled pull start handle if that makes sense at all??hope I came across somewhat clear in the decription. Thanks.

-Greg

23 hours ago, pidge said:

Hello all haven't posted in many years, but still fish when time allows....the long and short I'm looking for the locking clamp piece of a minnkota 50lbs from the year 2002. Mine has broke and was just throwing it out there as a last ditch effort to see if anyone had one that was pooched, but the plastic bits were still good. Any help? I'm currently using a ratchet strap, but that's becoming a pain in the you know what. According to minnkotas website that part isn't available anymore....for what it's worth, it's a bow mount "power drive". 12 volt. Thanks, Greg.

Talk to Tyler at Rocky's in Orillia. He has tons of parts on hand.  You may just get lucky.

I am pretty sure I know what you are talking about and I am also pretty sure the only way you coul replace that originally was to purchase the whole motor housing. At least that is what it looks like for the V2 model of the powerdrive. My dad still has one of these motors which is why I can somewhat picture what you are looking for.

Unless you can find an original Powerdrive to source parts from, I fear you will not be finding what you need. As this piece pretty much locks the trolling motor into the Stowed position and you are getting tired of the ratched strap, have you thought of something like a ram mount?

I used one of theses with my Terrova and other than dropping part of it in the lake once (Okay... Twice...) it worked great. This would ensure your motor did not deploy when you dont want it to.

That's the only option I can honestly think of.

-Krattor thanks for the heads up, another source. Thanks. 

-Lape0019, it is the piece that keeps it stowed when in motion. I haven't thought of the Ram mount idea that's something I'll look into. I tried a mount from a buddy's ATV and it still hasn't me worried, but I will look into the Ram mounts. Thanks. 

-Greg

15 minutes ago, pidge said:

-Krattor thanks for the heads up, another source. Thanks. 

-Lape0019, it is the piece that keeps it stowed when in motion. I haven't thought of the Ram mount idea that's something I'll look into. I tried a mount from a buddy's ATV and it still hasn't me worried, but I will look into the Ram mounts. Thanks. 

-Greg

Yeah, one of these would hold it in place.

https://www.cabelas.com/product/boating/electric-trolling-motors/electric-trolling-motor-accessories/pc/104794380/c/104716980/sc/104312880/ram-reg-tough-claw-trolling-motor-stabilizer/2171478.uts?slotId=11

• 8 months later...

Very late update: Krattor & Raf...thanks guys. Rocky’s had the part and shipped it out, the pin and spring as well. Thanks once again I’d never of found that place without your help. Great service to boot. 

-Pidge