Greased the new toon

misfish

I have been on the fence about going to a fishing yak or a larger toon for a couple of years now. I looked at many yaks and everyone I looked at, was so nice,but I was always going to have stabilizers for it. Getting old makes one think safer. When it really got down to the $,s of what I wanted, it just wasn't in my budget . An offer came that I could not refuse for a toon that would serve well for me. Getting older and old pains and new pains, I went with what would really fit my bill of health. :stretcher:

My buddy Terry was going to sell his first toon. Knowing it was in great shape, I made an offer. I waited for the response. I was doing the happy dance when he said, OK. I picked it up yesterday and had it together and on the water this morning. :Gonefishing:

It,s still raw right now. I need to make new holders for the finder and go pro and some rod holders as well as the frame is much larger then ole blue. I made do for the maiden voyage this morning. I already had the electric motor and battery.  What a joy to just motor on out,sipping on my java. Once out there, I rowed around spot to spot. I found this larger toon moved so much easier then ole blue did. Not sure why Terry complained so much about rowing. :P

ANYHOO

Maiden voyage ended up with a nice laker.

Terry buddy, thanks mucho. I am going to enjoy this new ride.

DSCF4365.JPG

DSCF4366.JPG

DSCF4368.JPG

Edited by misfish

Thanks fellas

Seems to be a fish catching machine. LOL

A nice one this morning.

q3Eeznz.jpg?1

Was a nice morning. Those ripples you see on the surface is current. There was no wind or breeze this morning. It was crazy. Line was on a 45 deg angle.

iSGi0gy.jpg?1

Will ad a short vid clip of the current shortly.

Edited by misfish

That rig looks cool!

how long does it take to set up? Are the the sponsons double chambered?

how well does the troller work in windy or breezy conditions?

what is the purpose of the footwell being open to the water? Could a mesh or screen  floor be added? (For people like me who tend to who tend to drop stuff)

16 hours ago, Hack_Fisherman said:

That rig looks cool!

how long does it take to set up? Are the the sponsons double chambered?

how well does the troller work in windy or breezy conditions?

what is the purpose of the footwell being open to the water? Could a mesh or screen  floor be added? (For people like me who tend to who tend to drop stuff)

They are single PVC bladders. This morning was 3 ft roller,s and wind from the south. No issues.  It takes me about 15-20 minutes to have it water ready. I like to use flippers,so the open foot well is welcomed to me.  Also, the opening allows me to keep the fish in the water while recovering the bait and reviving. Like this one from my 3 hour outing this morning. ?

N44alAC.jpg?1

Edited by misfish
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, misfish said:

They are single PVC bladders. This morning was 3 ft roller,s and wind from the south. No issues.  It takes me about 15-20 minutes to have it water ready. I like to use flippers,so the open foot well is welcomed to me.  Also, the opening allows me to keep the fish in the water while recovering the bait and reviving. Like this one from my 3 hour outing this morning. ?

N44alAC.jpg?1

Oh that is cool. By the way, your regular catches are lifetime fish for me. Those are awesome fish.

I’ve never really looked at one of these rigs before. Did not know you could use flippers. I might have to get me one of those rigs. I can’t seem to catch anything around here with a powerboat. Might be time to go back to the quiet lakes. 

Nice rig. I was thinking of using one of my old wheelchairs and turning it into a kayak or something like this, Thinking of keeping the wheels on it and rolling it down the boat launches right into the lake.

8 hours ago, Rattletrap2 said:

Pretty sweet looking set up! Is it a lot bigger than your other one?

Much larger Mr.B. I also found out that it is true.The larger toon is easier to row, and this one tracks so much nicer. Larger oars  came with it, but I put the ones from  ole blue on this one. Might have to rethink that. There is 14" dif in length.

5 hours ago, Cando said:

Nice rig. I was thinking of using one of my old wheelchairs and turning it into a kayak or something like this, Thinking of keeping the wheels on it and rolling it down the boat launches right into the lake.

I cant see why something like that wouldnt work. Would take some engineering, but ya,I can see it.