Minn Kota Power Drive 50 - troubleshooting

On 8/3/2018 at 1:57 PM, Old Ironmaker said:

I was pulling into a Hortons in Simcoe the other day and a lowered Jhet black tricked out Chrysler 300 pulls in beside me, bling chromed 20" wheels, 400 watt stereo booming Hip Hop. Out comes 4 young Mennonites. Or 4 hip hopsters dressed as Mennonites.

IT's the MENNONITE MAFIA!!!!!  ???

14 hours ago, Hack_Fisherman said:

hey guys, anyone know why this is a four wire system if it’s 12 V? I’ve got two power leads and two black. One of the red and one of the black has a blue stripe 

If I had to guess, the black wires are what provide current to tell the motor to turn left or right.

• Like 1

On 8/10/2018 at 10:00 AM, jimmer said:

Not sure about the wiring, but if you live close to me, you can drop by and plug that foot peddle into my motor to see if it works.

I appreciate that offer. As it turns out, I have purchased another full unit complete with pedal from a member here.

Did some A.B. testing. Turns out it wasn’t my pedal after all, it was the unit itself. I’m quite thrilled that I was able to purchase this unit. Because now I have a good motor and two working pedals.  I’m going to keep the spare in the boat for good measure  

also I found out four wires is for 24 V. Two wires is for 12 V. Just in case anybody else runs into the same situation 

Thanks guYS

23 hours ago, Hack_Fisherman said:

I appreciate that offer. As it turns out, I have purchased another full unit complete with pedal from a member here.

Did some A.B. testing. Turns out it wasn’t my pedal after all, it was the unit itself. I’m quite thrilled that I was able to purchase this unit. Because now I have a good motor and two working pedals.  I’m going to keep the spare in the boat for good measure  

also I found out four wires is for 24 V. Two wires is for 12 V. Just in case anybody else runs into the same situation 

Thanks guYS

glad to hear everything worked out 

On 8/11/2018 at 11:37 AM, Hack_Fisherman said:

Thanks guYS

Sounds like you lucked out with finding a working one and now have a back up peddle! Nice.