Time for a fishing report!

Rattletrap2

Boys, it has been a long, long time since i posted a fishing report, so bare with me. (I can't even remember how!)

My Daughter Amanda and I try to get out whenever we can....usually for Father's Day...especially when I was boatless and we had to rent one. Well, all that changed last year and things have been getting better ever since! This was a couple of weeks ago, and we went up to Georgian Bay for the day. I forgot how awesome that area can be to fish and I have already been back once since this trip! Just like an addict....I'm hooked!

We started out right off the bat and Amanda picked up a real decent Large Mouth on a drop shot rig. She was using a lure that they had bought me for my Birthday and they seemed to be the ticket.The fishing was pretty much non-stop all day with 7 different species of fish caught between us! I used the same soft plastic bait, but on a jig head.Little 3" swimbait.Amanda and largie.JPG

I got a couple of nice ones too!

Me with Largie.JPG

Amanda picked up a nice Black Crappie, and we would have loved to get a few more of those. Maybe next time.

Amanda and Crappie.JPG

Amanda hooked into and lost something huge. We could see it way down in about 20 feet of water, but She was not able to bring it in close enough for an accurate identification before it spit the hook. We were both shaking and thought maybe a huge Walleye? We kept fishing the same area and finally solved the mystery. Channel cat! I got my first one and I think I am still shaking! Those things fight like bulls! Especially on light gear! I have got small Bullheads over the years, but they come up like wet socks! Not this thing! I ended up with a pair.

Me with first and biggest cat.JPG

Don't forget Small Mouth, nothing huge, but plenty of them and lots of fun!

Amanda and Smallie.JPG

Me with Smallie.JPG

We rounded out the trip with plenty of Perch, huge Bluegill, and Pumpkinseed Sunfish! All in all, one of the best days of fishing I have had in a long time and I got to share it with a great fishing Buddy!

2 minutes ago, Rattletrap2 said:

Yes sir! 2017 Alumacraft Escape 165 Tiller . So far, I'm enjoying it this year a whole lot more than last year!

didya get it at advanced near belwood?  i oogled it there, i think they had a 9.9 on it.  thought it would look good with my 40 yammy... and it does.  good choice in motors.

Raf, I should have bought it from Advanced, but instead I got from a dealer in Chatham. I went to the boat show intending to look up Advanced and did not know anything about them other than they were in Fergus. I ended up talking to  the guys from Howell's in Chatham and was convinced that Advance was too small of a dealer. I had no real issues with Howell's other than the long distance away for pick-up and if I needed them for service. Afterwards, I went into Advanced and was amazed at how big they were and how professional they seem. I would much rather have dealt with them and will for parts and service.

I buy parts from them. 

Judging by your pics Gordon Bay Marine would be a convenient choice for you as well if you ever had an issue with that motor (which you likely won't).  Drop it off one wknd pick it up the next.  Their service dept is top notch. 

3 minutes ago, Raf said:

I buy parts from them. 

Judging by your pics Gordon Bay Marine would be a convenient choice for you as well if you ever had an issue with that motor (which you likely won't).  Drop it off one wknd pick it up the next.  Their service dept is top notch. 

That is good to know! Thanks

Not so convenient from home here, buy handy if I was up there.