2135 Cub Cadet Cutting Deck

jimmer

Sorry if I posted this in the wrong section, I just want it to reach all the members.  Just wondering if anyone knows where I might find a used 38" cutting deck for an old 2135 Cub Cadet Lawn Tractor. Even just the shell would work.  Any ideas wold be appreciated.  I was told that they don't make them anymore, so I can't get a new one.

Thanks,

Jimmer

I don't see any lists for decks even here, the decks take a lot of abuse and tend to be one of the first things to go bad. A place that does repair on lawn tractors or maybe a junkyard might have a dead one around? A lot of people here just throw out the deck and use the tractor to pull a lawn carts until they died completely.

17 minutes ago, HTHM said:

I have a Kubota F2100 that I am selling if you want a heavy duty grass cutter. 

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-farming-equipment/hamilton/kubota-f2100-mower-with-more/1367222563

Just trying to find a way to extend the life of my wonderful Cub Cadet. The thing is in great shape except for the deck, which I just noticed was rusting through in spots. Love the Kubota though

9 minutes ago, jimmer said:

Just trying to find a way to extend the life of my wonderful Cub Cadet. The thing is in great shape except for the deck, which I just noticed was rusting through in spots. Love the Kubota though

welding shop would cut in a new piece or maybe find someone who will copy it and build you anew one.

Gorilla tape is better I hear HH!

• Like 1

I may have found a deck; the guy I called has to confirm that's it a 38"

Do you need just the deck or all the spindles? He's willing to disassemble and adjust the price accordingly. He hasn't quoted me a price; he wants to know how much of the deck you want.

Dan.

OK.

This guy who owns Whites rental & repair here in London, is a Club Cadet dealer. The used deck he has is a 48". He says it'll fit under the 2135 tractor. According to him all of those years of MTD mowers (1994 - 1998, 200 series) were built on the same chaise. Deck size and engine is what made them the different models? 

Here's Jamie's # 519-438-6165. Call him if you're interested. He told me $200.00 for the complete unit. I'd still quiz him on the fit?

I'm also going to be going up the 400 on Sunday morning and we could likely meet at the King City OnRoute?

Dan.

jimmer, an mtd or cub dealer may have a cross reference book that shows what parts from what brands of mtd tractors are interchangeable? mtd is - was based in my area they also made huskie brands sold by tsc and others too?

Putting a bigger deck on a tractor not powered for it might not do you any favors?

Thanks for all the help and offer guys.

17 hours ago, DanD said:

OK.

This guy who owns Whites rental & repair here in London, is a Club Cadet dealer. The used deck he has is a 48". He says it'll fit under the 2135 tractor. According to him all of those years of MTD mowers (1994 - 1998, 200 series) were built on the same chaise. Deck size and engine is what made them the different models? 

Here's Jamie's # 519-438-6165. Call him if you're interested. He told me $200.00 for the complete unit. I'd still quiz him on the fit?

I'm also going to be going up the 400 on Sunday morning and we could likely meet at the King City OnRoute?

Dan.

Hey Dan - Just concerned about a 11.5 hp turning a 48" deck.  Good deal and I will call him, I doubt I will pull it together by Sunday though if I go that route.

23 hours ago, Headhunter said:

Duct tape!!!!!

You're welcome!!!!

HH

Oh the things I have held together to get me by, bye.

Why they make these things out of metal still is beyond me. With the new composites out there.

Edited by misfish

2 minutes ago, misfish said:

Not to hijack this thread, but I have a Honda lawn mower that is closer to 30 years old, than it is 25. The silly thing doesn't know any better than to run! The Aluminum deck has over time developed a number of weak spots/holes. Duct tape applied three years ago is still holding well and almost matches the deck colour! I was kinda tongue and cheek in my answer, but there is still some validity to it!

HH

1 hour ago, misfish said:

Why they make these things out of metal still is beyond me. With the new composites out there.

I wouldn't be surprised if there is some sort of safety standard preventing that from happening. Either some sort of extreme puncture/breakage test a composite can't withstand, or the standard hasn't been updated to reflect new materials. Sounds like a great idea though - rust proof, lightweight, durable. 

2 hours ago, DanD said:

If you want it, I could go and get it for you and hang on to it until you come to London?

Dan.

LOL, thanks for the offer Dan.  I don't know if I will ever get to London though....