Faded braided line

• 2 weeks later...

You definitely don't need to replace braided line nearly as often as monofilament, I do it annually but most people can probably get away with changing every couple of years! Most braids will fade, some more than others but it doesn't affect the strength of the line. In fact, it is very useful if you are a line watcher which every angler should be, I colour the last 4-5 feet with a Sharpie Magnum Marker and don't worry about the faded portion! 

20 hours ago, David Chong said:

You definitely don't need to replace braided line nearly as often as monofilament, I do it annually but most people can probably get away with changing every couple of years! Most braids will fade, some more than others but it doesn't affect the strength of the line. In fact, it is very useful if you are a line watcher which every angler should be, I colour the last 4-5 feet with a Sharpie Magnum Marker and don't worry about the faded portion! 

Sitting in 4th place after day one at the Port Colborne B1 tournament and David takes time to contribute on OFC!! Weigh in starts LIVE on the Berkley B1 website at 3:30pm. Good Luck David!!

14 minutes ago, grimsbylander said:

Sitting in 4th place after day one at the Port Colborne B1 tournament and David takes time to contribute on OFC!! Weigh in starts LIVE on the Berkley B1 website at 3:30pm. Good Luck David!!

btw, why are you not on stage?????????

7 hours ago, David Chong said:

Thanks guys! It was a very close finish and these local sticks are extremely tough to beat! Congrats to Matt & Daaron as well as Perry & Caitlyn on a great tournament!

You had an excellent showing considering how tough that bite was. Congrats!!! 

I stayed off the lake Friday and Saturday so I wouldn't fish any of the same spots a tournament team needed. Today, the lake was quiet and dead calm until around 1:30pm when a small SW breeze picked up. David, did you mark a ton of fish that just wouldn't go?? That was the theme for today...all my spots held good fish from 12 feet out to 40 feet but they either outright ignore the bait or all you feel is a tick and they're gone. Tough conditions right now. I got fish but nothing over 4 - 4 1/2 and not the usual numbers.

Thanks Grimsbylander! Appreciate the respect by staying off the water, it was a tough bite but we just kept grinding it out! Lots of other local sticks didn't do as well as expected! Not surprised as everything is about 3-4 weeks behind, should ramp up soon! Best of luck! Sorry for hijacking this thread!

13 hours ago, David Chong said:

Thanks Grimsbylander! Appreciate the respect by staying off the water, it was a tough bite but we just kept grinding it out! Lots of other local sticks didn't do as well as expected! Not surprised as everything is about 3-4 weeks behind, should ramp up soon! Best of luck! Sorry for hijacking this thread!

David, when I seen Simon and Mel come up on the stage, I said, here comes a big bag.:w00t:   Must of been tough out there. :Gonefishing:

4 hours ago, Garnet said:

Fact all braid fades.

Fact the bottom of your spool is brand new braid.

Let's be creative tie your braid to a tree walk your braid off.

Snip with scissors back to your tree tie braid on wind on reel and your

pervious faded braid is all new.  

Absolutely Garnet! Great tip for saving money by flipping your braid around and reusing your braid!

I worked every show for Power Pro for 10 years be for it was bought out.

And have worked for another Canadian braid company .

I still don't waste braid. It's some what environmental thing.

I take flap of box and cut notches in end, wind the braid on and write the lb test.

To be used another day.

Edited by Garnet

That red braid I was talking about, I can tell you where and when I bought it and still have it on 3 reels that get used all the time. Bought it at walmart state side when I fished the CFT tourny out of Chippawa. I fished the 2 day with Frost and with you David.:thumbsup_anim: Remember that down pour.Oh and the 6-8 ft rollers. Lost my lightening rod off the back of the boat that day as well.  :wallbash:

Edited by misfish

15 minutes ago, Garnet said:

I can tell you the year red came out we sold crap loads of it.

The next year couldn't give it away.

Well if you have some, I want some. LOL

I did find the coating on it was thicker then then the original green power pro, but once it,s been tamed, it casts so smooth. 

10 hours ago, Garnet said:

We are getting ready for weekend yard sale never know what I might find.

Set of glory bags I knew where.....just not where.

Where,is where? Do you remember where ?

2 hours ago, grimsbylander said:

^^^^ I think I need your glory bags :)

EWWWWWWWWW ?

Edited by misfish