What’s up with Belwood lake?

3 hours ago, jerpears1 said:

I’ve only had success in reservoirs like that when the water is at its highest. I find when it goes down, structure is tricky and fish are hard to target. 

That's what I have been trying to figure out. Where to look and when. I go to where I think they may be and then I find nothing. Or see Carp or catfish.

On 7/19/2018 at 9:53 PM, bigugli said:

Belwood can be a tough reservoir to figure out. Present water levels are well below the norm from accounts I've heard.

I'm seeing this and not just in myself. Guys running around in beautiful 40k boats but with long faces. I'd not be happy either. Most guys at the launch saying they only caught a few if any. One guy a few weeks back reported a 1/2 doz each of smallies and eyes. If I see that guy again I should try hiring hi as a guide lol.

On 7/19/2018 at 9:50 PM, huzzsaba said:

did you try live bait?

I usually avoid it and try plastics, spoons and crank/jerk baits. Have tried worm harnesses but no luck as of yet (or this year at least)

I do see people getting perch or cats. Neither is my preferred however. If I thought the fish might be good eating, I'd look for perch, but the water quality of this lake is kind of gross looking (suspended algae or sediment)

And thanks for your help guys. I'm going to keep working it. If nothing changes, I'll start focusing on Conestoga instead

Edited by Hack_Fisherman

Oh Bellwood is still alive but because it's a reservoir  you have to be patient and versatile. Keep it simple and stick with the basics. Do you have any electronics? Maybe you need to hook up with me  to get some pointers, always like to share some ideas .

22091811_10155812095948552_662838752_n.jpg

DSC_0017.JPG

DSC_0011.JPG

• Like 1

9 hours ago, lureme said:

Oh Bellwood is still alive but because it's a reservoir  you have to be patient and versatile. Keep it simple and stick with the basics. Do you have any electronics? Maybe you need to hook up with me  to get some pointers, always like to share some ideas .

DSC_0017.JPG

DSC_0011.JPG

Thanks for that, I just might take you up on that sometime. Any specific colours/patterns that seem to stand out?

On 7/15/2018 at 7:02 PM, Hack_Fisherman said:

Embarrassed to say only  ONE FISH!

HELP

The best time to fish there is in the middle of September when the 70% of water from the reservoir is gonna be drained into Grand river. You do not even need a boat at that time. SM basses and pikes will attack your lures like crazy. You can see that on the lureme’s pictures (2nd and 3rd).  

Edited by spyder3g
  • Like 1

On 7/26/2018 at 5:50 AM, Hack_Fisherman said:

Awesome, thanks! 

Hope to see you out there, I’m in a 70’s Starcracaft Supersport. White and blue with an equally antique merc on it

Yoy have a 70's Star-craft ss? So do I ! mine has a 90 hp Evenrude and all the fishing stuff you need. We should hook up someday and look like a pair of twins on the water.

• Like 1

+nope mine is exactly like yours, white with blue accents. I have a bimmy top swivel seats and electric trolling motor up front. I will be on the lake this Tues morning. I could give you my phone # and we could share some ideas and stuff if you like? My E mail address is       [email protected]

• Like 1

On 7/25/2018 at 9:25 AM, lureme said:

DSC_0017.JPG

DSC_0011.JPG

Pm sent

On 7/28/2018 at 10:53 PM, lureme said:

+nope mine is exactly like yours, white with blue accents. I have a bimmy top swivel seats and electric trolling motor up front. I will be on the lake this Tues morning. I could give you my phone # and we could share some ideas and stuff if you like? My E mail address is       [email protected]

Email sent.