jimmer

57 minutes ago, colin519 said:

I use these http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/outbound-water-shoes-black-navy-men-s-1870389p.html#srp

10 bucks a pair, great in the water, keeps the sun off the top of your feet where burns are a killer. 

I'm with Iron on Crocs. Frankly on all sandals.

i think you did it colin, you found the one pair of footwear in the world that is as hideous as my crocs :P

1 hour ago, AKRISONER said:

i think you did it colin, you found the one pair of footwear in the world that is as hideous as my crocs :P

hahaha yup i didn't say they were fashionable, just functional. i got into some camping/canoing gear a few years ago after doing a few portages and some pieces of gear just stick with ya. I use the water shoes with my hiking boots https://www.scarpa.com/kailash-gtx when back packing. some people use the trail shoe, some sandals, crocs. i like to have boots to deal with mud and carrying a boat and swimming/camping/boating/fishing are perfect for the water shoe. i don't think i could carry a boat over an obstacle in a croc but the watershoes are fine. inow i can see fishing in crocs but i'd want them in realtree or hunters orange so everyone knew they were chosen on their technical merits. :)

5 hours ago, colin519 said:

I use these http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/outbound-water-shoes-black-navy-men-s-1870389p.html#srp

10 bucks a pair, great in the water, keeps the sun off the top of your feet where burns are a killer. 

I'm with Iron on Crocs. Frankly on all sandals.

Have a pair of these at the cottage for everyone in my family. You only have to step on a zebra mussel once while swimming  to understand why.

• 2 weeks later...

Funny post! Crocs are the best shoes ever invented IMO. My wife hates that I wear them everywhere lol.  In my opinion all spring/summer casual footwear should be the same material! Nothing beats the breathability other than no shoes at all, the comfort and that you can run them under the sink for a quick clean and they dry in 5 mins. The first pair I had ($5 knockoffs) lasted me 10 years -I thought they'd never die and used to preach to my city counterparts that they're the shoes that last 100 years and everyone should wear them, who cares what they look like - until I wore through the big toe area on the sole from putting 100000 miles on them. I like the softer plastic knockoffs more as I can control my TM speed easier through the shoe. Best shoes ever invented. I generally wear them from the first spring trip until mid fall, colder days just add merino socks.

I really like moosebunks idea of neoprene socks for a rain shoe!

Never had a pair, never will, buddy had them for years and aching knees. Told him about DAWGS which you can get in Canada and he got a pair. Knees are still a little grumpy but he has noticed a vast improvement. They have lots of styles and colours for all family members, (golfers too lol ).  Wife has six pairs for around the house, garden and even work. Check it out.

As a lady angler, my opinion crocs were once a horrible fashion but they have excellent purpose. Lightweight, dry quick, come in many styles now... mine are a boat shoe and supposedly they are excellent for your back and stability ... can’t go wrong in my opinion ?

Edited by _al87_outdoors

1 hour ago, OhioFisherman said:

If you like them it may pay to stock up? There could be changes coming?

https://fox8.com/2018/08/09/crocs-closing-last-of-manufacturing-facilities-ceo-resigning/

I think they are struggling to compete with the knock offs now available everywhere.

Their price point wasnt too friendly when you can grab a pair from the dollar store.

Walmart velcro fasten track shoes and walmart flip flops were always good enough for me, I did buy decent work shoes and boots because at times I chose pounding the concrete dock for 10 hours over being stuck in a truck for up to 15 hours.

LOL, I save a lot of money these days on shoes, I don't wear them!

18 hours ago, Sterling said:

Love me some crocs. Saw my dad snowblowing the driveway in -10 weather in crocs once. He loves them too.

I wear mine all winter too. A nice pair of merino wool socks and I'm good to go! Not so great in slush though...lol

S.