jimmer

A great way to turn an ankle, no support and,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I'll stop there. When I get new runners I would cut the heel out of the old ones then turned an ankle bad. I've sprained my weak ankles wearing steel toe work boots laced to the top let alone those abominations called footwear. I have a pal that is extremely homophobic, bad way to think, I told him they were popular amongst those that he doesn't understand, he threw all 3 pair out including the camo pair. There is another fishing forum in Ontario the only way to get booted is to admit wearing those things and Copyright infringement whatever that is.

I got on sale for 50% off the Canadian Tire Outbound Shore Sandal.  They are great.  They are the same as the Croc Sandal and Shimano Sandal.

I use them for boating so that I can easily jump in the water if needed and not care.

I've fished all day tourny's in these and they have been comfortable.

http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/outbound-shore-sandal-black-green-men-s-1870285p.html#srp

Edited by TheKawarthaAngler

No Crocs in my world. A good pair of tennis shoes for traction and support. If I am fishing I am usually barefoot since the deck on the boat is carpet. Boots are used when running equipment on the farm or riding the motorcycles. 

Art

Any boaters and fishermen out here that have heard of Deck Shoes. I have a few pair. Great support, comfort, traction and water resistant. None come in Camo and none made in Vietnam. You won't find a good pair at Giant Tiger or Wally World. My wife and her sisters call Giant Tiger GT Boutique. Many of my T shirts, jammies, underwear, socks, wooly hats, jackets, hoodies, watches, gloves, KD, eggs, butter, canned corn and sweats to name a few garments and stuff come from there, I'm no fashion or foodie snob. If you like Krocs God bless you, you aren't getting in my boat though. And don't think you are sneaking them onboard. I check for contraband, booze and footwear.

Edited by Old Ironmaker

I haven't worn more than flip flops in about 8 years and the last time I wore those was about 3 years ago for a trip to the emergency room. LOL, never did crocs, velcro fasten track shoe from wally world or flip flops, work shoes or boots when I was working.

We're getting off topic with GT Boutique etc, but my wife and I recently wandered into Jackson's Square in the Hammer, that was my first experience with Hart Stores, I didn't have a lot of time, but it was pretty cool, Huk fishing shirts for $10 etc.

I've got a lot of different kinds, but my favorite summer time, slip on shoes, no socks, are Sanuks. They're good for nothing, get sweaty and stinky but I love the things.

Image result for sanuks

1 hour ago, Fisherman said:

I only wear them for launch and retrieving the boat.

They're great for having in the boat for sure.

Do like them with a pair of neoprene socks on trips.  Crocs and neoprene socks are instant, dry rubber boots. They pack super light or can be kept tucked in the boat. Big downpours they become part of the rain suit. Portaging through muck and mire they're handy too.

I wear mine without socks around the house all the time...I find them much cooler than slippers...My foot doctor recommended that I wear socks with them while outdoors as I am diabetic ( same with my running shoes)