Jump to content

floater

Quebec Zec forums?

Recommended Posts

Other than the Kipawa forum is there any other english forums for the rest of the Zecs in Quebec? Googled but all in french and I failed french in school. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Failure was not an option with my old man.   I sent them an email to see if they have an anglo website, I'll post if they answer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Fisherman said:

Failure was not an option with my old man.   I sent them an email to see if they have an anglo website, I'll post if they answer.

What would happen if you failed????

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are no forums designated for the zec's in english or french that I'm aware of.  However, every zec website is in both english and french.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, jimmer said:

What would happen if you failed????

 

A beating beyond recovery,  came in handy for me,  spent 6 years in Quebec with the Military,  became bilingual.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Fisherman said:

A beating beyond recovery,  came in handy for me,  spent 6 years in Quebec with the Military,  became bilingual.

I wish I could speak French.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got 28% from Madame LeBlanc in grade 12. My wife got 92% in French in Grade 12.  I can carry on a so so conversation in Fort Coulange and she can't say hello in French.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Strange how you can get good marks but can't function.  Reading writing and comprehension, were easy, conversation was a little harder, school parisienne  french is nothing like quebecois.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If anyone needs help getting information for any of the ZECs, I can help.  One thing for sure is that if you want good fishing, the ZECs further north are your best bet.  I worked on the ZEC Martin Valin for about 10 years and the fishing is great.  The guys at the gate are helpful.  They are the ones who enter the fishing statistics each night.  Some lakes open late in the season to ensure excellent fishing for brook trout.  There are only brook trout and no other species of fish in this ZEC so excellent fly fishing all summer.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dabluz said:

If anyone needs help getting information for any of the ZECs, I can help.  One thing for sure is that if you want good fishing, the ZECs further north are your best bet.  I worked on the ZEC Martin Valin for about 10 years and the fishing is great.  The guys at the gate are helpful.  They are the ones who enter the fishing statistics each night.  Some lakes open late in the season to ensure excellent fishing for brook trout.  There are only brook trout and no other species of fish in this ZEC so excellent fly fishing all summer.

 

Wow, wondered what happened to you.  My brother in law runs one up on Mont Valin, Le Malin Pecheur , Pourvoirie du Lac Pierre.  My sons have both gone a number of times and had a great time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure about other browsers, but with Chrome you can right click the page and hit "translate". Works fine on those french websites such as quebecpeche.

11 hours ago, Dabluz said:

If anyone needs help getting information for any of the ZECs, I can help.  One thing for sure is that if you want good fishing, the ZECs further north are your best bet.  I worked on the ZEC Martin Valin for about 10 years and the fishing is great.  The guys at the gate are helpful.  They are the ones who enter the fishing statistics each night.  Some lakes open late in the season to ensure excellent fishing for brook trout.  There are only brook trout and no other species of fish in this ZEC so excellent fly fishing all summer.

 

Dabluz I used to live in matagami and fished the Nemaska area quite a bit, fell in love with the place. Do you know the area at all?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sterling said:

Not sure about other browsers, but with Chrome you can right click the page and hit "translate". Works fine on those french websites such as quebecpeche.

Dabluz I used to live in matagami and fished the Nemaska area quite a bit, fell in love with the place. Do you know the area at all?

12 hours ago, Fisherman said:

Wow, wondered what happened to you.  My brother in law runs one up on Mont Valin, Le Malin Pecheur , Pourvoirie du Lac Pierre.  My sons have both gone a number of times and had a great time.

I got sidetracked for a while.  Strangley enough, after getting a nicer boat I did not go fishing as often.  Was in a new blues band.  I'm having a very hard time with this site.  It is extremeley slow.  I type stuff and sometimes takes a minute for each letter. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Dabluz said:

I got sidetracked for a while.  Strangley enough, after getting a nicer boat I did not go fishing as often.  Was in a new blues band.  I'm having a very hard time with this site.  It is extremeley slow.  I type stuff and sometimes takes a minute for each letter. 

I highlighted that problem today here: 

 

You'll have to enable adblock for now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Similar Topics

    • Quebec Trip Report

      Just got back from our 5 day trip to Lac Dassarat in Quebec. There were about 16 of us this year. Started out with one of the guys having his car smashed in a pile up the Friday before we were leaving; he persevered though and was able to still make it. We made the 6.5 hour trek, with the final 1/2 hour being on a very rough road. We limped in with a flat tire from a puncture. Thankfully the owner of the resort had all the tools to plug it; my buddy ended up putting the spare on to be safe for t

      in General Discussion

    • gordon lake quebec temiskaming area info needed

      A good buddy is considering purchasing a cottage on this lake but has been very unsuccessful on finding any info on the lake. He is driving up from London to view it. Just wondering if anyone has any onfo on the lake such as size of the lake and fish species. The agent has only limited info on the lake.

      in General Discussion

    • Beauty of Lake Kipawa Quebec + 1 fish!

      The weather was wild this time around...not so good for fishing but great for photography. I never caught one large enough for the laker slot and I didn't even bother measuring any of them. I'd say biggest was about 20iches. The only fish picture I have is this fish on my 3rd outing to prove I had caught fish. Roughly on average a fish per 2-3 hours...pretty slow. The rest of pics are of sunsets or cloud formations. Enjoy [/url] My

      in General Discussion

    • Back from Quebec

      I'm back from our 5 day trip to Quebec for walleye, sauger and pike. The weather was a little all over the place.  Our first night there was brutal for sleeping and the bugs couldn't wait for someone to step out of the cabin...lol. The Thursday brought a storm and the humidity broke to make it more enjoyable; then we had to battle the wind. We caught quite a few fish and had a blast. We had two fish dinners while we were there, one in our cabin and then a group fish fry which were both very yumm

      in General Discussion

    • Quebec Fishing

      Heading out next week for Lac Dasserat on the annual fishing trip. Counting down the days and the excitement increases by the day. We will be targeting walleye, sauger and pike. Also plan on eating fish everyday while we're there. Hope I didn't just jinx myself.

      in General Discussion

×
×
  • Create New...