I don't normally ask for camping spots... But.....

NAW

Hey everyone.

Been a while since I posted last.  It's been a busy year. 

I have a camping trip this weekend set up for the Marten River area.  But with all of these fires, it's not looking all that good.  I called the general store in Marten River, which is very near my camping spot, and she told they are on standby for evacuation.  She strongly suggested I re-think my plans. 

That being said, we are leaving Friday morning, and not I am scrambling to find a place to camp. 

I am meeting a few friends from Ottawa.  So the Marten River area is nice, because it's pretty much an equal length drive for both parties. 

I am thinking about trying to find some crown land in the Kawartha's.  But I have no clue whatsoever on where to ever start looking. 

If anyone knows of any waterfront crown land camp sites, it would be amazing if you could enlighten me!  It would be a one time thing.  Not like I'm going to move in to your camp site if you let me know the location!   And your spot would be safe with me, I'm not going to tell the world about it. 

We plan on running a 14' tinner.  But we can also do it in canoes. So basically anything will work!   Lake, River, Anything....

All the interior campsites at the provincial parks are booked...

So I know it's last minute.  But if anyone could help me out, it would be very very much appreciated!   PM me plz.

Thanks

Nick

Edited by NAW

1 hour ago, AKRISONER said:

i shot you a PM nick

feel free to text me if you want if you are interested.

Dont for get to text me Nick when your done with Scott. LOL J/K

Good to hear from ya Nick. See BIL is back for a bit. What a rug hanging off his face. LOL

Edited by misfish

18 minutes ago, floater said:

I was on the French  a few days ago. Lots of canoes out and didn't move a rod! Well almost didn't move one. Came around a bend in the river and what do I see but a load of naked young women sunning them selves on the rocks! Who needs fish!

musta hit spot lock on that honey hole

On 7/11/2018 at 12:18 PM, NAW said:

I am thinking about trying to find some crown land in the Kawartha's.  But I have no clue whatsoever on where to ever start looking. 

I saw a sign on hwy 28 in the Kawarthas yesterday indicating there's a fire ban in this area just incase your planing some fires on your trip.

You may want to check into that further with the MNR though.