BASS OPENER FAMILY/FRIENDS FUN REPORT

My Bass opener was delayed a bit as I had some other commitments opening weekend.  I started Wed after the opening weekend and fishing was great.  Caught 50 or 60 fish that were mostly small but did get a few this size.  (swallowed the hook so it was lunch the next day with a couple smaller ones)

IMG_0905.jpgIMG_2687 2.jpg

The long weekend came and had to put the rods down and keep the boat docked while the non fisher people were visiting.  We still had fun even tho the fish were calling my name.  

Our last camp fire before the ban started.

IMG_2706.jpg

There was a lot of these consumed over the long weekend.  

IMG_4716.jpg

We hang out on a rock and we call it ROCK THERAPY!  That is my golden jumping for her ball.  She will swim all day long if someone throws her ball for her.  

IMG_0906.jpgIMG_2722.JPG

IMG_2702.JPGIMG_2705.JPG

My other dog (9 month old red mini golden doodle Whiskey). Sleeping after a tiring three minute swim. :)

IMG_2716.jpgIMG_2714.jpg

After the long weekend we headed north to Temagami area.  The weather got hot.  So hot that I didn't bring my boat.  I usually bring a boat up to fish area lakes.  However low to mid 30s and no wind was not my idea of fun so decided to leave it behind and just fish my inlaws lake on there boat where we could head back to the dock if we got to hot.  It was hot!  Didn't fish during the day but we did go out at night and did well.  We didn't get any size but my son, father in law and I would catch 40 to 50 fish in a couple hours so that was great.  My son and I grabbed some worms and fished from the dock and shore and caught like 100 panfish which was actually as enjoyable a time fishing I have had in ages.  The excitement kids get just from catching fish is amazing.  They don't care about size they want action!

One main reason why I like visiting my inlaws beside that they are pretty cool and like to fish.  

The meat locker.  It's like protein heaven in here and they are running low!   Fish, ribs, steak, some pizzas, chicken pretty well everything.  

IMG_2734.jpg

Here is my son and I annual deck overlooking the water pics.

IMG_1016.jpgIMG_1017.jpg

Some sunset pics North Eastern Ontario style

IMG_2740.jpgIMG_2749.jpg

I headed back early to do some serious fishing.  (I missed my boat). 

It was the hottest day in 15 years in the parry sound area.  I mean crazy hot.  Got up to 35.  The lake was boiling. Ive never seen the water temp this high up there.  last year it took till the fall to see 72.  85.7 is unheard of.  After the cold front Friday the water has come down to 75.  

IMG_2766.jpg

I thought the fishing would be slow.  I was wrong!  I fished in the evening and it was amazing.  I caught a good number of large bass and a few decent pike over the next few days. ( yes I am rocking a MJ jersey from the 90s). 

IMG_2767.jpgIMG_2683.jpg

Now something strange happen.  My golden (autumn). who never jumps out of the boat unless she is told.  Took a dive while I was fishing and swam about 40yards to shore.  I was like what the heck is she doing.  Facetimed my wife laughing saying I guess she was to hot.  She actually went to shore on an island did her business and swam back to me haha.  I actually had to go into shore with the trolling motor, lift up coast in and help her up cause I was not getting her in the boat out on the lake.  She thought she was bad and gave me the I'm sorry eyes.  but I much rather her jump and swim to shore then for her to pee in my boat :)  here is a pic of her looking like she was bad but I'm sure relieved haha

IMG_2774.jpg

I had a great time with family and friends and fish the last 10 days.  I can't wait to get back up north this weekend!  

Cheers!

IMG_2705.JPG

Edited by lunkerbasshunter
pic in wrong place

On 7/9/2018 at 10:05 AM, AKRISONER said:

the weather has been insane...last year in PAB we only got above 70 for a few days all year then the water went back in the 60's and never came back...ive had enough of the heat!

Water dropped down to 74 now its back up at 81 with this heat wave.  No rain and some storms coming has everyone nervous about forest fires like north in Temagami.