Lake Bernard...Fishing.

atvaholic

Howdy all. 

I've fished this lake hardwater before, but never softwater. I'm going to be staying at the south end of the lake, and have access to a small boat/motor(too small to go all around the lake but can fish a few small bays maybe). Is there anywhere near there I could get a few pan fish to keep the kids happy? Either from the boat or shore. 

Well, if there are panfish that's probably where they will be.  I've only fished it during ice season as well.  I'd probably fish the bottom 1/3 of the lake for panfish if that was what I was after.  The upper 2/3 is quite deep for the most part.  I did hear people used to catch rainbows near some of the incoming streams, but that was probably in the spring and maybe just people talking.  There is a nice hump near deeper water at the south end that you could always troll for some lakers :).  Rubber band with 2-3oz bell sinkers and away you go.

hello sir. I have a very close friend that owns a cottage at the south end of the lake   near the girls camp. on the west side of the south end there is a nice shoal that drops off to deeper water and we found some nice 10 inch plus perch more than a few times over the years. we actually caught some nice size bows trolling shallow not far from the east shore, 10 pound plus. if I remember right we used lake erie walleye deep divers that go down around 15 feet only. a huge drop off very close to shoreno dipsy's, jet divers or heavy snap wts. it was the middle of august a few years back. left my boat at home and fished out of hid 14' tinny and 9.9. I love that lake and the bar in Sundridge good music and cold beer. think its called the caswell or something.

sorry no capitals, woke at 3am and it felt like I broke my wrist. condra calcinosis. did nothing yesterday except use ratchet straps to tie down a counter top. I love this sr citizen thing, just love it. good luck enjoy and go slay em'

johnny d