Rocking on the toon, Canadian laker style

misfish

Thanks fellas

Got off just before the dark clouds started to move in this morning. Played 2 innings. 6 strike outs. One has bling bling, as I seemed to have a knot in my leader. Lost 6ft of leader and a vabrado.  Short work week then fly fishing for largies on the weekend. 

15 hours ago, akaShag said:

Thanks Brian, I enjoyed that.

And hell, I watched the WHOLE THING!

HAPPY CANADA DAY BACKATCHA!  Maybe 2019 will be the year I finally meet you in person..................

Doug

Your  coming to  Angus ? LOL That will be a day for sure Doug.

"Take it... to the limit."  How befitting a tune to be playing in that toon. You've certainly pimped it out since I last saw it.

Lots of vigor on the torpedo release. lol.

Great lakers! Surprised they didn't burn that Symetre right out. :)

20 hours ago, Joeytier said:

I didnt mean for eating, but yes that too lol! Straight to the smoker with those big fatties

No way in hell would I put a laker in my smoker. White fish only. LOL

1 hour ago, Moosebunk said:

"Take it... to the limit."  How befitting a tune to be playing in that toon. You've certainly pimped it out since I last saw it.

Lots of vigor on the torpedo release. lol.

Great lakers! Surprised they didn't burn that Symetre right out. :)

Thanks Drew. This old man is having fun. The way it is suppose to be. Think I lost about 6 pounds this weekend, rowing and sweating. 

Is that what that reel is?Never looked. LOL

1 hour ago, jerpears1 said:

Holy smokes. Some real nice lakers there. Happy Canada day bud. Looks like you had a blast. 

With all this hot weather Jer, I will be waiting til the fall again to get up your way. That lake warms up fast. They get that dam issue resolved? Hows the baby factory coming along ? :lol:

WHOA!!!  Only whities for the smoker?  Lakers are excellent smoked.  Cut fillets into chunks about two inches wide.  Use a wet brine for 24 hours in the fridge, take the chunks out and allow them to dry on newspaper or paper towels (to form the pellicle) and into the smoker for three pans of hickory.  It's good filtered try again please, mon.

1 hour ago, misfish said:

With all this hot weather Jer, I will be waiting til the fall again to get up your way. That lake warms up fast. They get that dam issue resolved? Hows the baby factory coming along ? :lol:

The dam is still a mess. I have no idea what they are doing. Let me know when you are free late September, early October, my cousin and I do fall fishing up there. Bass are hard to find but walleye and Muskie are usually pretty active. 

Looks like I have about a year before we start trying for a baby. Wedding date is May 25 2019.