Nitro fish n skis

mistaredone

Hi guys, still looking for a new to me boat. I’ve narrowed my search down to the Nitro sport 189,288 or 290 years 2000-2013. I’ve ran into a lot of characters and junk so far this year but hopefully my patience pays off. I like the deeper v on the 290 but the seating arrangement of the 189. I read on the web that these boats aren’t great for fishing or skiing but a good hybrid. Anyone have experience on either of these models?  I’ve done most of my searching on Kijiji that seems to have the most results, FB market place, all classifieds and auto trader which seems to have very little postings?  Am I missing any good search sites. 

Thanks again and always

Steve

100% John. Seems to be a lot more popular of a style south of the border. Probably still save a few dollars. I am just worried about making an 8 hour drive for a boat that’s not what it seems. 

Edited by mistaredone

A neighbour at the cottage had one for quite a few years. Good looking boat that did nothing great but everything well. If the skier was any good at carving, you could feel them move the boat lol. As for fishing, it will do everything you need it to but not as good as a fishing boat.

He ended up buying a tracker Targa V-18 and seems much happier with the deeper v.

You have to realize though that this is very much a compromise style boat. I think they sell so well because one of the people buying wants a fishing boat (the guy usually) and the other (wife) wants something they can cruise around in. Like I said, it'll do both well. just not great.

I almost ended up buying something similar as my wife was adamant on having 4 seats. Needless to say, I know I would not have been happy and ended up with a bass boat with 2 seats. The kids are able to sit on the center console and step up and the wife and I sit in the seats. It works for the 1 time the four of us will be in the boat each season.

1 hour ago, mistaredone said:

100% John. Seems to be a lot more popular of a style south of the border. Probably still save a few dollars. I am just worried about making an 8 hour drive for a boat that’s not what it seems. 

You can set your search to say 250KM.